56

"Nah-huh!" Willow exclaimed and snatched the tablets from Jonathan's hands. He looked up at her annoyed. "I know, well I don't but I can imagine how much you're hurting. But don't you remember what I told you? More than two could cause you to overdose! I don't want you out cold in my bedroom thanks." Willow muttered and put the tablets she was holding back into the container. "How many of these have you gone through?"

"This is the last lot."

"Wow. You've really been hitting it."

"Yes well, you know. I am in quite considerable pain, Willow." Jonathan smiled cynically while popping the two pills into his mouth and then quickly drinking some water to wash them down.

Willow had managed to find him something to change into. Although that 'something' was just old clothes of Kevin's. Sue and him stayed for a few days and they'd both left some clothes behind. Sure, the elder man's clothes were too big for Jonathan's slighter frame, but they'd do to sleep in until Willow could go buy some clothes for him. "I'm sorry."

"You've got nothing to apologise for." Jonathan frowned and watched as Willow took to sorting out the pillows so he wasn't laying flat down on the bed, but was instead propped up slightly. Jonathan admittedly was happy to be sleeping in a proper bed. The bed in his old place of stay was a sofa. A very hole laddened sofa with springs sticking out of it.

"I know, it's just...I felt like it needed to be said, you know..." Willow trailed off and took to playing with her long top sleeves. "You should get some rest, Jonathan. If I remember rightly, those tablets knocked you out pretty good. Go on, get some sleep." She pushed him against the pillows gently and sat kneeling by his side.

"Please don't watch me go to sleep, Willow. That's just down right disturbing."

"I...well...all right," she muttered and got into bed too and laid on her side so she was facing him. Jonathan looked down at her from his slightly elevated laying position. Reaching out he put a hand on her head and twirled a dark curl. Willow had let her hair continue to grow and hadn't cut it short like she used to have it when she was younger, and when they reunited again for the first time in so many years. She opened an eye and looked up at him. "You still hurting?"

"It's dulling down."

"Not tired?"

"I'm exhausted."

"Go to sleep then silly!"

"I can't."

"Why?" Willow looked up at him confused.

"I just can't."

"Did you want a bed time story?" Willow quipped, Jonathan frowned at her. "No? Oh. All right, how about-" Willow got cut off mid sentence because Jonathan leaned down to her level and kissed her. Willow tentatively reached up and placed her arms around him. Sitting up to almost be on the same level as him, Willow eased some of the pain which was spreading through Jonathan from having to lean down. The pressure against his ribs dissipated, not that his attention was exactly on the pain which was slowly dulling down. They both let out a rather content sigh when they both slowly fell back against the bed. Slowly, and sort of unwillingly, moving away Jonathan looked down at Willow. She continued to comb her fingers through his hair and looked up at him. "Can you perhaps sleep now?" She smiled lightly.

"Yes. I think I can." Jonathan smiled and slowly moved off of her and laid by her side.

"Aw, all Jonathan wanted was a goodnight kiss." Willow said in a childish tone, "Ow!" She exclaimed.

"Sorry, bad aim." Jonathan said when he 'accidentally' moved one of the pillows down and it collided with her head. "My coordination is off from the bandages."