Chapter 7

We race all the way back to school and sneak back in. We get to our dorms. Evie and Mal push past me and walk in our room and Carlos rushes in his and Jay's room. Jay hangs back a bit.

"Um... night Ice Queen." Jay says.

I smile, that was his nickname for me when we were 8. "Night Beggar boy."

He smiles at me as he walks into his room. I walk into mine with a smile on my face. I take my makeup off and change into my pajamas. I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling wondering if my life could get more complicated, little did I know it would.

"Guys this is my daughter Jane, Jane guys," Fairy Godmother says to a meek girl who just came in.

"Don't mind me, as you were," she says scurrying away from us.

I look up from the page I was sketching on and see a short teenage girl in a pale blue dress, with a short bob, the same as a girl I used to know... "Jane!" I scream.

She looks at me confused.

"It's me, Ellie, your best friend from when you were 8?" I say hoping she remembers me.

"Oh, my Fairy Godmothers! Ellie!" She screams.

I run over and hug her.

"Under the bleaches, 3pm got it?" She asks excitedly.

I nod and go back to my seat resuming my drawing of Fairy Godmother that looks quite realistic if I say so myself. Everyone looks at me questioningly.

"What? She could help us get to know Auradon better," I say hinting that I had more to say but Fairy Godmother was listening in on our conversation.

Mal nods her head realizing what I meant.

I met Jane under the bleachers at exactly 3pm, in the distance I saw Evie talking to Chad, I gotta ask her about that later.

"Hey El? She says excitedly.

"Yeah J?" I ask smiling.

"Can you do magic?" She asks.

"Of sorts," I smirk.

I raise my palm upwards and figures start forming, dragons blowing tiny puffs of air, a ship sailing with a mini hook captaining, a king and queen bowing at the end of an altar, and me when I was little hugging my mum before I left. After the last image I make the ice figures disappear.

I look at Jane and she has tears in her eyes.

I reach to the ground and place my palm down. A small crown appears in my hands, and as I look at it, I realize it was my mother's, meaning;

"She's dead..." I whisper.

Jane just looks at me and nods.

My hair lights up bright red. I raise my palm upwards and a flame appears, like a magic mirror, an image of my mother appears and she's in the underworld. In Elysium, she smiles and laughs, at least she landed in the good part.

Jane looks at me scared.

"Part of my powers... flames and control over the underworld, I can track down any dead person, I could potentially raise them from the dead, but I know my mother wouldn't want to be cursed with a half-life," I shake my head sadly.

Jane smiles and simply hugs me.