Chapter four

~Four~

Oh. My. God. What do I do? What do I do? I started hyperventilating, he saw me. There's no doubt about it, he's gonna report me and then I will get killed, my brother will die also because he helped our mom by breaking the law and having a second child.

I snapped the rubber band against my wrist like crazy. If I was outside and people saw me doing this, they would either think I was crazy or just getting off of drugs/cigarettes. Either way I couldn't stop doing this, he saw me and it was all my fault, my brother will lose his job and his life because of my stupidity. Because of my selfishness and wanting freedom, I started crying and wished I was never born.

To end this madness and suffering for both me and my brother. Why couldn't life be easy? Why did the government decided to have only one child, it's not right. I sniffed and finally calmed down and hugged myself. What am I gonna do? Everything is my fault.

I shut my eyes for a few minutes before I realized something. He only saw my eyes! When I looked out the window, I used the blinds and peeked through so that means he only saw my eyes. I can tell Nate and he'll do something, he'll scold me for sure for what I did but he'll be even more pissed at the boy for trespassing.

He's not suppose to trespass, Nate will be pissed for sure. He can come up with a lie on how he knew the boy had trespassed plus we have the same color eyes, hazel. So it would be easy to lie to the boy. I smiled at myself in relief because we won't die and the whole thing would have never happened. Although the boy had nice eyes when he looked up, he had blue eyes.

He was also cute, I shook my head. What am I saying!? A minute ago I was going crazy that the boy would have reported and now I'm thinking he's cute. Oh lord, I need help. I heard the door slam in the house. I jumped up and went down the stairs to see Nate looking extremely tired.

"I'm home," He muttered. He gave me a hug and kissed my forehead.

"So what did you do today?," He asked as he went to the kitchen. I quickly followed him to the kitchen.

"Um nothing much, I mean what else can I do here, I feel like Rapunzel except without the long hair and the prince," I said sighing.

"Please don't start," He groaned and I gave a apologetic look.

"Sorry," I muttered twisting my hair.

"Do you have something to say?," He asked while raising an eyebrow.

"What?," I said looking at him.

"You twist your hair when you have something important to say," He replied bluntly.

"Oh," I mumbled. My cheeks burned on how obvious I was.

"Well out with it," He said annoyed.

"Okay, I know you told me a billion times to not look out the window which this time I didn't do that, I was painting the walls even though I know you told me a thousand times not to do that but I couldn't help myself," I said and was about say more when Nate put a hand up.

"Anastasia breathe," He said soothing me. I nodded and took a deep breathe and counted to ten and then I started again.

"Okay so once I was done painting the walls, I left them to dry so while I was waiting I went and sat on my bean bag chair to daydream and then I heard a noise and then I saw a boy from three days ago," I said and took a deep breathe and when I was about to begin Nate put up his hands.

"Wait what boy from three days ago!?," He said glaring. His voice was low and dangerous.

"Okay so there was a boy and a girl my age and little kids, you waved at them but they didn't see you leave and then the boy ranged our doorbell so I went to check it out, he wanted to go to our backyard because of the ball that was in there and I peeked outside a bit and I believe he saw me but I wasn't sure and I was going crazy about it for three days and was too afraid to tell you," I breathlessly said.