Chapter 7

A few months later...

Emily's PoV

I jumped out of bed and shoved my feet into my grey slippers with white pom-poms on them as I skipped downstairs to be met with the mouthwatering smell of waffles and strawberry yum! I had three waffles and a glass of orange juice; finishing just before the rest of my brothers came running down like a herd of wilder beasts trampling everyone and everything in their path. After breakfast, I went upstairs and put on some high-waisted black jeans and a maroon top which is a beige colour with a patterned cardigan and some brown combat boots.

I called shotgun on Carter's dark blue Camaro and jumped in before anyone could beat me...

I'm so happy that Dan and Co have stopped bullying me. I feel so much happier with myself and a lot less self-conscious now that I can walk around school without having insults thrown at me left and right!

Walking into school without being harassed was one of the nicest feelings I have felt in a long time. I walk through the halls trying to push through the crowd of people so I can grab my books for my first couple of classes. My first two classes are English and chemistry I'm so excited for 2nd period since Chemistry is my favourite subject but afterwards I have PE which is dreadful as I am not a sporty person, unlike my brothers.That's one of the annoying things about being a Miller is that everyone expects you to do well in the sport since all of my brothers are amazing at two sports each at least.

My first two classes go by fast, Chemistry was so fun that we even got to do a couple of experiments. PE was dreadful, I felt self-conscious the entire time. We ended up having to start off with a warm up run, followed by an hour long session of dodgeball which I am terrible at. Half my aims missed which is not surprising considering my hand to eye coordination skills.

After PE, I hop into the shower so I can quickly get ready for Algebra. My teacher doesn't like us having PE beforehand as a lot of the girls take a very long time getting changed after it, so people are always late to her class. All I had left to do was brush my hair and put my things back in my locker and then I can head to Algebra.

As I was walking to Algebra for my 4th period I noticed this guy (he looked a bit older than me, maybe in Christy and Cody's year) smirking at me and not a playful smirk more of a sinister one like he knew something that I didn't, like something bad, was about to happen to me. I thought nothing more of it until I was near my Algebra classroom and someone stuck their foot out tripping me up. Scrambling to grab my books I felt a sticky substance running down my hair. With tears grate to roll down my face I look up to see that guy from earlier "you fucking bitch watch where you're going"

"I-I'm so sorry..."