seven

"Wake up, Cas!" Jeremy pulled the long blinds back, exposing the sleeping girl to the harsh sunlight.

"What part of hungover don't you understand, you wanker!" She screams, throwing a pillow at her brother and burying her face in her sheets.

"We need to talk about what happened last night," he throws the pillow back at her. She groans in response.

"Now is not the time to be asking me what happened because I don't even remember how I got into bed last night!" Her brother sits down on the corner of her mattress.

"I told you when I came in. I had to order you room service to lure you back into your room," he rubs his face, trying to push his own hangover out of the way to help his sister. "What happened with you and Josh?"

"From what I remember, shit just got awkward after your little announcement," Cas sits up, running her hand through her hair to keep the strands out of her face.

"Okay, in my defense, I didn't know! I thought you guys were completely aware," he replies pitifully.

"Jeremy, you messed up and now whatever Josh and I had going on is gone," she whines.

"What is that supposed to mean? What was going on-,"

"Nevermind. Just forget it," Cas interrupts his question. "I just feel like him and I can't even be friends anymore because it might cost me my job! I'm pretty sure I left like five minutes after you told us that."

"Yeah, Cas...I remember. The three of us were on a Search and Rescue mission looking for your dumbass wandering the unknown streets of Los Angeles!" Jeremy exclaims at the girl, standing up to grab a bottle of water. Cas sits there with a blank expression on her face, staring at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry," she blurts out, turning to look at her brother.

"Anyway," he starts. "We got the news this morning that we're flying out in a couple of days now to film. I guess you're tagging along now since you have no choice but to follow Josh around." He sips his water, but quickly pulls the bottle from his lips to speak. "Just promise me that you're not going to be awkward or weird anymore with him. I don't need you ruining my friendships now, okay? Okay." Cas responds with an eye roll. "Later." Jeremy closes the water bottle and exits her hotel room.

"What even happened last night?" The girl mumbles to herself, turning her body over and placing the covers over her once again.