thirteen

A couple of days pass and Josh has decided to step up his game after all that went down.

He wakes up early, even if he doesn't have somewhere to be.
He's stopped casually drinking every night.
He's been trying to cut back on smoking, both pot and cigarettes.
And he's been getting stuff done on his own.

Although Cas reminds him of things he needs to do, he actually carries his actions out. It's been a few days since Josh has actually had a real conversation with her, but he hopes that she's been noticing his new habits.

After filming a bit in Greece, it was time to fly to Croatia. The plane ride wasn't that bad, but Josh noticed that Cas was only willing to speak to him if he started the conversation. He didn't want to spark any drama, so after a few tries, he let her be. All the actors playing the young versions of the original beloved characters decided to stay in an apartment on the beach so they can all be together while they film for the next few weeks. Upon arriving, Cassandra was finally able to meet Alexa Davies and Jessica Wynn. They clicked instantly once Lily introduced the three.

"I can't thank you guys enough for allowing me to stay with you all, even though I'm not a cast member," she cries, her smile gleaming. The other three girls flash a grin, as well.

"You don't need to thank us. You're probably the youngest assistant in the industry," Jess cheers. "When Lily told us you're only twenty-three, the sister of the one and only Jeremy Irvine, and you've been pushing around Josh Dylan for the past 3 weeks, we just had to meet you." Cassie laughs softly under her breath.

"That means a lot to me, guys," she smiles.

"It's time to have a good time, ladies!" Lily exclaims, jumping around the living room. The four of them decided to get out of the house for the night and find one of the small bars located on Vis island. Little do they know that the boys have decided to tag along.

After about thirty minutes, the girls reach the bar of their desire. They pull up to the building and tread to the door, pausing and listening to the music playing, not sure of what crowd to expect.

"What's taking so long?" A familiar voice frightens the group of girls.

"Jeremy, for God's sake," Alexa shames him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to spook you all. The lads and I just really wanna get in there," he makes his way around the girls and struts inside, Josh and Hugh following. Lily rolls her eyes.

"Okay, let's just pretend they're not here!" She purses her lips, hoping to convince the girls to still enter the bar.

"Who gives a shit, let's have fun," Jess yells before grabbing Cas's hand and leading her through the entrance. Once inside, she locks eyes with Josh for a moment, but quickly whips her head the other way and continues walking with her friends, drinking whatever Lily has shoved into her hands.

On the other side of the bar, Josh sighs after Cas breaks the eye contact. He takes a shot of the vodka Jeremy offers him, groaning as the after-taste hits him.

"What's wrong, lad?" Jeremy rubs Josh's back.

"Nothing. I'm just tired," he responds solemnly, shaking his head and taking a sip of his whiskey.

Around twelve the bar closes, sending all the drunk actors back to their apartment. They call for two taxis and pile in. There isn't a single sober person in either taxi tonight (besides the drivers). Once home, they stumble in, laughing and shouting. They all cluster at the table in the dining area, cracking jokes and smiling. Josh is the only one who can't get into the mood. Normally, going out and having some drinks with his friends was the highlight of his week. This is the first time he's ever felt depressed while drinking.

Josh taps on Jeremy's shoulder and holds a cigarette up to him, signaling him to go out for a smoke. The two push themselves from the table and stumble out to the darkness the balcony offers them. Some candles lay around, so Josh lights them before lighting his and Jeremy's cigs. Jeremy takes a drag before asking,

"Why have you been so bummed out lately?" Josh shrugs, not exactly knowing how to explain the situation correctly without getting into trouble.

"I don't even know where to start," he puffs smoke out. "I guess just girl problems."

"With what girl?" Jeremy naively asks. Josh hesitates for a moment.

"Er, uhm. A girl from London, ya know?" He bites his lip, preparing for the worst.

"Ahh. I feel you. London girls are the worst," he exclaims in disgust. Josh relaxes, knowing that he technically didn't lie to his best friend.

"Yeah. I just cannot get my mind off her, and I feel like she doesn't see me how she used to," Josh complains, keeping the details as light as he can.

"Well, I think you should come right out and tell her how you feel! Have you guys talked recently?" He asks, taking another drag as he awaits his answer.

"Honestly, not really. We talk about useless shit, nothing meaningful," Josh sighs, tossing the cigarette butt onto the sand a few stories below them. Jeremy does the same.

"Well, clearly she's just not ready. Maybe..she'll come to you!" He pats Josh's back, escorting him back inside the apartment.

"Does anyone want a glass of wine?" Alexa asks, holding up a large bottle.

"Count us in on that!" Jeremy cheers as they approach the table, Josh laughing softly beside him. They look at the group of their friends, noticing they're missing a couple.

"Where's Hugh and... Cassie?" Josh asks, looking around at Jess and Lily.

"I think they went outside to smoke," Jess replies nonchalantly.

"But my sister doesn't smoke..."