twelve

Hours go by and Cas decides to head to the rehearsal a little early to personally meet some of the cast and crew. They going to start by having the actors read their lines cold and then do some blocking, especially for the characters Bill and Donna on the boat since it's a small amount of space and they want to get everything just right.

She makes her way down to the dock, which is flooded by a camera crew, actors, and behind-the-scenes makeup artists and wardrobe stylists. Cas greets many of the people that she already knows, including the directors. It was weird for her to be meeting such big people in the industry, but she also remembers what Jeremy told her. "Judy Cramer just loves everyone so much that it's contagious. Everyone's just a part of this big family, no matter who you are." She can't wipe the smile off her face after the amount of respect she's received from everyone she's encountered, especially Lily James.

"You're Jeremy's sister, correct?" She says in the middle of their handshake.

"Unfortunately," she laughs softly, making Lily smile.

"I bet many of the other actors have said this to you, but I've heard magnificent things about you."

"I hate to sound like a nerd, but that means so much to me," Cas holds her burst of excitement.

"Don't even worry about that. Jeremy is a close friend of mine. You're family," she smiles at the girl. "I hear you're also Josh Dylan's newest assistant?" She asks.

"Yeah, he's a piece of work." Cas sighs.

"I agree. Josh is the only actor I know who would fire an assistant for being 'too controlling'," she adds, laughing softly. Cassandra swallows hard, almost choking on her spit.

"He fired her?" She mumbled.

"Yeah. I felt bad. It was back when we were filming on a soundstage a few weeks ago in LA," she looks up, trying to remember the situation. "I'm not exactly sure what went down, but I felt bad for the woman. Josh is a small actor, but he needs to find his way really soon before he gets into trouble," Lily states. Cas smiles nervously, pulling out her phone and checking the time. "Speaking of the devil, where is he?" Lily looks around the dock, searching for the boy's artificial golden locks.

"I-I'm not sure. I told him to be down here twenty minutes ago," she stutters, now sweating bullets. Lily notices and comforts the girl.

"Calm down. You've been doing all you can for your position," she rubs Cas's arm. "It's his fault for not being on top of this stuff."

"Thanks Lily, but I'm pretty sure his agent hired me specifically to keep him from doing this," she looks for his contact and calls him. Lily flashes her a sympathetic smile.

"It's gonna be okay," she mouths. Cas nods as the other line picks up.

"Hellooo?" Josh groans.

"Where the hell are you?" Cas whisper-yells into the phone.

"At the hotel, where are you?" He asks, utterly confused.

"At the goddamn rehearsal!" She starts to walk away from the flurry of people on the dock, getting somewhere quiet.

"Oh shit. I totally forgot. Cas, I'm so sorry-," he starts. The girl starts to choke up, knowing that her reputation is about to going six feet under.

"Please," she breathes. "Please just get down here as soon as possible."

"Okay, I'm on my way. Cas-," she hangs up the call, shoving her phone in her pocket. Sh takes a deep breath and starts her journey back to the dock. Lily spots her and jogs over.

"How'd it go?" She questions.

"He's on his way," she shrugs.

"You really don't have to worry, sweetheart," Lily places her hand on Cas's shoulder. "It's normal for him to do stuff like this. When we were back in LA, there was a morning where he was so hungover he couldn't step foot in the recording studio!" She laughs, causing Cas to flash a smile. "Listen, you're not his mother. You're his assistant and his friend. I'm pretty sure chose not to hire a manager because he thinks he can do it all by himself. You're doing the best you can."

"If I was doing the best I can, he would have been in nearly an hour ago," she sighs.

"Just, don't be so hard on yourself. You're amazing and big things are waiting. I guarantee," she hugs Cas.

"You're so sweet, I can't even comprehend it." Cas laughs against the girl.

"Thanks, Cassie," she pulls away, noticing someone motioning for her. "I have to go. We'll talk later," she rushes off, waving at the girl. Cas waves back, turning and walking down the street towards the main part of the island. As she's making her way back to the hotel, she sees Josh jump out of a taxi and jog in her direction. Swinging her bag in-front of her, she pulls out his script. Once their about to cross paths, Josh notices her.

"Cassie, I'm-," he's halted by his script being shoved against his chest, the perpetrator continuing to walk uphill.

"Just go and read your lines, already," she grumbles, not turning back once to look at him.

Josh is left there, holding the script against his chest as he watches his assistant leave his sight. He sighs and continues his journey over to the docks, waving to Lily.

"I'm so sorry that I'm late. I felt quite ill this morning," he apologizes to the crew. Lily rolls her eyes, walking towards the boat with him.

"What was it this time? Hangover, one-night stand, food poisoning?" She mocks.

"You really want to know?" He raises an eyebrow with a cheeky smile.

"Yeah, that's why I asked," she responds. He leans over and whispers in her ear. "Josh! That's terrible," she yells, whacking him with her script.

"Ow, ouch, chill! I can't have bruises for the cameras," he laughs.

"This isn't funny. Cassie was freaking out for the past two hours," she snaps at him. Her train of thought crashes when it's interrupted by another realization. "Shit, that's why you weren't at the table read today," she covers her mouth. "Did Cas know you had that this morning?"

"Yes, oh my god, Lily," he groans. "She's the one who called Parker's assistant and told them I couldn't make it. She also had our final choreo moved to tomorrow," he grins.

"Pardon my French, but that's fucked," she rolls her eyes. "Just because you have a brand new assistant doesn't mean you're suddenly untouchable! It means that you have to work together to get you on top of your game." Lily rants, keeping the boy quiet as she rips him a new one. "I'm hoping you'll realize this soon before it's too late, but you're taking that girl for granted, Josh." Lily runs her hand through her hair, exhaling and preparing for the staging of the scene. Josh does the same, turning to face the crew, only to be stuck inside his own head thinking about Lily's message. He couldn't think straight for the rest of the blocking session. All he wants to do is call Cassie and apologize, but more importantly,

He just wants to hold her in his arms and dance...

💫

{So, this story about JOSH DYLAN is somehow #1 in the Jeremy Irvine tag?! I don't even feel bad to be honest since my OC is "Jeremy's sister", ya know? Anyway, thank you all for reading and voting! I'm super happy with how this story is going so far and I truly love it when you guys comment or message me. You are all so sweet and encouraging! If any of you have questions about anything, feel free to PM me! Thanks again! }