twenty seven

TWO MONTHS EARLIER
...............................................................................

"Press tour starts tomorrow ladies and lads," Jeremy cheers, holding a beer up to the sky. The group of friends cheer and yell at his announcement, all drinking to the news.

"I can't wait to go back to New York with you guys. I'll show you all around," Jess grins at her friends who all chuckle at her excitement. The clan eats and drinks, having a blast, excited to travel the world together. All smiles around the table, except for one. While in the middle of a conversation with Alexa and Jeremy, Lily glances over at Josh who's smile has gradually turned upside down through the course of the night. She purses her lips, feeling bad for the boy. She leans close to Jess and whispers in her ear,

"Is Josh okay?" Jess subtly looks at the boy who stares down at his cell phone, a photo of him and Cassie as his lockscreen.

"He's thinking about her," Jess mumbles in response, her spirit going down as she continues to stare. Lily sighs and joins back into the conversation, planning another encounter in her head for later in the evening.

"I haven't talked to Cas in a while. Do you know how she's doing back home, Jay?" Alexa asks Jeremy as he sips his pint. He shrugs before placing the glass down on the table.

"I mean, my mum said she's already doing great for only being back home for two months. She's auditioning for a few different shows at the moment," he keeps his voice low. The girls nod in unison.

"I might call her later - - doubt she'll pick up, though," he mopes. Hugh rolls his eyes.

"It's been weeks since the incident, mate. You have to make it up to her...She's your sister," he advises. Jeremy shudders at the thought of having to say sorry to his little sister, for what he thought he did was right. The crew finishes up dinner and takes a cab back to their flat, all preparing to either hit the hay or watch a movie.

Jeremy peels off his shirt and throws on a new pair of boxers. As he pulls back his sheets, ready to slip into a deep sleep, a knock on the door echoes in his room.

"Come in," he shouts. Lily saunters in, looking as if she's ready to burst with what she has to say. "Hey, whats up-,"

"You need to apologize to Josh," she explodes. A moment of silence emerges before Jeremy speaks.

"Why should I?" He scrunches his face up.

"Because you guys used to be best friends, Jeremy. Don't let something as stupid as a fist fight ruin what you guys had," she sympathizes. Jeremy's face softens and he considers her request. "And..." Lily pauses.

"And?" He takes a step towards her, pressuring her to finish the thought.

"And he's in-love with your sister." Jeremy scoffs, folding his arms across his bare chest.

"Bloody hell, Lily-,"

"It's true!"

"Josh is a notorious womanizer, and you know that!" He exclaims. Lily places her pointer finger over her own lips, begging him to keep quiet.

"If he's such a 'man whore', then why hasn't he talked to any new girls since Cassie left?" She now crosses her arms. Jeremy shrugs and shakes his head.

"There hasn't been enough time for him to have another conquest," he growls.

"Jay, you're forcefully blinding yourself from the obvious. Every time we bring up her name, he suddenly goes quiet and he looks like a goddamn puppy dog," Lily bites back. "Go make up with him. It's the least you could do." Jeremy falls back onto his bed.

"I'll see what I can do," he exhales.

"Do it for the friend group...and your sister," Lily slyly spits before exiting the room. Jeremy stares at the ceiling for what feels like forever, just thinking of the possible things he would have to say to gain Josh's trust back. Maybe they are in love, he thinks to himself, considering the multiple instances where it's exposed itself between the two. The beach, the club, even on his lock screen he keeps a photo of them together. He runs his hands through his hair, proceeding to roll out of his bed and head into Josh's room, further winging his apology.