Letters

-Mathew's POV-

Dear Matthew,

I know how hard it has been for you my dearest. I want to thank you for trusting me like that. I may only be your aunt but thank you for writing me about what your father is doing. I think it may be a good idea if you live with me. I am scared that if you stay with him any longer you will die. I heard about the suicide attempt. You are so lucky to still be alive. Never pull a stunt like that again. I can't lose you too. That day when you had to go to the hospital because you cut a vein in hope of dying. I felt like a big part of me was lost. Stay alive for you mother, she wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you. But with your father is not safe I want and need you to live somewhere else. With me would be the best place because he will kill you. You have also talked about your best friend Johnny a lot. Maybe you could stay around him more often. Yes you've told me you're never gonna tell him but it may be good to. I expect you to be good to yourself. Don't convert to harming yourself please that is the last thing I want for you. You look so much like your mother. The same caring face and eyes. Of course she really never had a rebellious phase but she was very difficult. I knew your father when he was nice. He said he never wanted to have a child because it would destroy their careers. Then your mom slept with another man and she was pregnant with you. Of course when your mother died he took out his anger on you because you were not his. Your mother was so sad and I knew she had to tell him at some point. So she did and he forgave her because he was so in love with her. He never really liked you much I noticed. Whenever he got the chance to hold you he didn't. At the time your mom and dad were living with me because we wanted you to be raised in a good neighborhood. So you could have a good conscience. One day your mom and dad were fighting and you just cried and cried. I took you from your mother so you wouldn't get hurt. I rocked you to sleep and put you in your crib. Your mother came in and was crying and bleeding. He had hit her he was an abusive man when you were born. He then converted to drugs and alcohol. So she stayed away from him for a little while. You stayed with me and she was nowhere to be found. Your father got a house somewhere and would call all the time just to see where she was he didn't care about you. I was furious with him and never answered. One day he came and just took you. The police told him he couldn't have custody over you because of what he did too your mom. So he gave you back to me. I raised you for 2 years your mom never came back. One day I got a knock on my door and they told me your mom was found dead. I cried and cried. He then told you in the lightest way possible. I hugged you and held you tight but you didn't cry much. Then you asked me "What did my mommy look like?" I told you all about her and you were so happy to know who she was. We would write letters to her and roll them up and tie it with a balloon and send it off. You called it a letter from above. Then things got worse and you were telling me you couldn't sleep and you kept on telling yourself to die. I asked where these bad thoughts came from and you said "from my head." I tried everything I could to make you happy but nothing was working. Then one night I told you you needed to get up for school and you said 5 more minutes mommy. My heart broke; I couldn't believe you called me mommy. I just kissed your head and told them you were sick. Then a few years later your dad found out that your mother was dead. I don't know how he didn't know already. He won custody over you and one night you called me and told me daddy hurt me, I asked if you were alright and I heard a scream in the background and I told you to stay away from him as much as you could. Then your father's voice came on and he told me to leave you alone and stay away or else. He hung up and I called the cops and they found you with a busted lip and bruises everywhere and many cuts. They kept you with him though. You have been living with him ever since. I know we keep very little contact but know that you can live or come here anytime you want.

In eternity, Aunt Kathy

I put the note back up and tears fall from my eyes. I wipe them away and take a deep breath. "Gaywad get me another beer" I opened the fridge and got him one and handed it to him softly. He snatched it quickly and took a sip. "Go make use of yourself and clean upstairs" he says and smacks my arm very hard. I grip my arm in pain and he laughs. I go upstairs and start to clean a little. The only thing upstairs that needed cleaning was all the beer bottles and cigarette packets. I grab the trash bag and start to clean up all of the bottles and packets. As I clean by his bed I find a note. I was confused and grabbed it.

To my son,

You are probably older if you are reading this. I'm sorry I left you at a young age I just couldn't take the pressure. Your father was abusive and I couldn't live with him if he was going to hurt us. I left you with your aunt to make you safe. He can't take you as long as I'm alive and I am much too young to die so you will be fine for a long time. I told your aunt to give this to you when you are the right age. Knowing that you got this means you are safe from your father. I hope school is going good and you have lots of friends. I will see you when I'm ready but I am so sorry for leaving you like this. When I come back we can all just laugh about this. As long as you're safe nothing else matters baby. Your father wasn't a good man he was a horrible person. He can't hurt you anymore. I love you so much.

You're Mother, Annabelle

I hold the note close to me and cry into my arm. She thought everything was gonna be alright. She wanted us to just be happy. Mom I miss you so much, please come back just please. I wipe away my tears and lay the note back down. I walk out and go downstairs and put the trash in the trash can. I look over at him and he was extremely drunk. He comes over to me and grabs my arm roughly. He pulls out his pocket knife. "No dad please don't" he smacks me hard on the cheek. "I'll tell you when to speak" he put the knife on my arm and starts to cut my arm. "Stop!" I yell but he just goes deeper. He stops and empties some of the alcohol into the cut. I scream out in pain. He goes upstairs with another bottle of beer. I go to the medicine kit and spray it with peroxide then put a wrap it in one of those big bandages. I hear a knock on the door. I put the medicine kit away and go to the door. It was Johnny. "Hey are you okay?" he says and grabs my arm when seeing the cut. "Nothing I just accidentally cut myself when I was cutting something" he drops my arm and looks at me. "Okay well you wanna come over" he says and smiles lightly. "Yeah"

-Author's Note-

The next chapter he will be at Johnny's house.