Bully

-Matthew's Pov-

I wake up and rub my eyes. I look over and Johnny was still asleep. He had rolled over on his side. I got up and looked at the clock and it said 2:30 which meant that my dad was awake. I put on black skinny jeans and a pink shirt with just some black socks. I go downstairs and my dad was in his chair asleep. I sigh and start to pick up all the beer bottles around him. I threw away probably 5 bottles of beer. I put them all in the trash and start to pick up all the cigarettes and the trash on the floor. I throw all of that away and go upstairs to my dad's room. I go to his bed and make it and then start to work on the floor because it was covered in trash and alcohol. I go over to the desk and start to clean that but I accidentally drop a beer bottle cap and it rolls under the bed. I take my phone out and turn on the flashlight and get down and look under the bed. I see a small wooden box; I grab it and find the bottle cap in the process of pulling the box out. I grab the bottle cap and throw it in the trash bag. I open the box and there is a ton of notes in it. I start to look through the letters and I look at one in particular.

Dear Thomas,

Your son is finally 13 he looks somewhat like you though. He has your same cherry red cheeks and light brown hair. You should come see him he really misses you. He is your son after all. I can't be a single mom it is much too hard I need you back here. He has almost grown bitter of your name. I know that you may not be receiving these letters at all. For all I know you could be dead. I am not a person who likes to write. I was never a poet so I'm going to end this letter. Just come see your son Thomas he misses you and I do too.

Love, Delilah

Who was Thomas and why did my dad have this? I just put it in the box and put it back under the bed. I go back downstairs and put the trash bag away. I grab the medicine kit and peroxide and take off the bandage on my cut. I spray it with peroxide and wrap a new bandage around my cut. I look at it. He dug the knife so deep but it didn't cut a vein. Why did he do it? Because he thought it was fun. I put away the medicine kit and peroxide and go back upstairs. I go into my room and Johnny was now awake. "Hey how are you" I say and smile at him. He pulls me down onto the bed with him and pulls the covers over us. "I'm good" he says and kisses me very softly. He oddly tasted like peppermints. I kiss back and he gets on top of me but his arms support him so he doesn't fall on me. "We can't" I say and look at him. He rolls off and lies beside me. "You have to be ready at some point" "Well not right now" he wraps his arms around my waist. He kisses me softly. "I love you" "Love you too" he smiles. I hear my dad's old chair and the TV turns on. I get up and he looks at me carefully. I go downstairs and see he is awake. "Go get the trash ass whore" my dad says and drinks the beer in his hand. I go to the trash can and pick up all the trash and go outside and put it in the can out at the end of the walk in. I go back inside and my dad had already gone through 2 bottles. I started to grab them and he throws one at me very hard. I wince in pain but it goes away quickly. I put them all in the trash and he continues to watch whatever he was watching. I walk upstairs again and clean up and bandage the new cuts he gave me. I walk into my room and look at Johnny.

"You have to go my dad's awake." "Can you come with me" "I guess I could" I knew my dad would be mad when I get back, but I didn't care. We went out the window and crawled down the ladder I always had by my window just in case. We started walking down the street to Johnny's house, I started to think in my head I wish I could just run away and live with my aunt and see Johnny whenever I want. "Johnny...I want to....run away. Away from my dad. Away from the smell of that house. The constant smell of cigarettes and alcohol. I hate the smell of that house. Away from the trash dump that is that house. Away from that hell." "Why can't you not like he is going to care, when has he ever cared about you. All he cares about is his beers. He's not going to hunt you down to get you back. And he is probably going to die soon very soon, I mean just look at the state he is in. I'm surprised he's not dead yet. Mathew run away from hell. Be with me, I will protect you, I won't let anything happen". He looked at and stopped me pulling me closer to him. He put his arms around my neck and I put mine around his waist and looked up at him. "I won't let him hurt you anymore. I won't let it happen and I will try my best to get you out of that fucked up house. I promise." He said as he lifted my head up to his and kissed me. I moved my hands up to his shoulder blades and squeezed tightly. "I'm going to run away to my aunt's house she told me I could move in."

I kissed him and he kissed me back it was all perfect until I heard something. I could hear someone walking I could hear the leaves crunch under their shoes. We continued to kiss and as the footsteps get closer and closer I got even more nervous. I hear someone's voice yell out "Hey look its two emo fags making out. That is fucking disgusting. Hey Johnny, Butt Slut, you going to take him home and stick your cock in his ass and cum all over him. And you the other emo fag you going to let him put his cock up your ass. I bet you even suck his dick. Maybe he will suck yours. You two are gross." Johnny looks at him and yells "At least I have a boyfriend. You haven't had a girlfriend in 3 years. I bet you look at the yearbook pictures and jerk off". The boy walks up to us and throws punches at Johnny I get pissed so I grab him by his shoulders and push him down. I get on top of him and start to punch him one punch after another. He starts to whimper so I stop I look at him and say "Don't mess with me or my boyfriend or I'll do this again. I'm not scared to do this again and again." I was so pissed. The boy gets up and walks off. "Boyfriend?" I asked. Johnny looks at me. Johnny grabbed my hands and we locked fingers. Johnny kissed me gently and said "Will you Matthew Miles be my boyfriend?" "Yes". I wrapped my arms around his neck and his were around my waist. I don't know why but I felt like I was ready. I pulled away from the kiss and looked into Johnny's beautiful blue eyes and whisper "I'm ready." He pulls me in for a rough kiss.