New Home

-Johnny's Pov-

I went into my room and found some clothes for Matthew. We talked about where she could be. We started to walk down the street to her house. "Why does your dad do all these things to you?" I asked him. "Well...I'm not his kid and after my mom died he took all his anger out on me and turned to drugs and alcohol. Sometimes I wish he would just die already. He never was nice to me not even before my mom died." "Wow that is really sad to hear I'm sorry." "It's fine once I move into my aunt's house I can see you more and never see my dad again". We were getting closer to the house and I was really hoping that she would live in the same house as before. "This is it this is the house." "Wow" I looked at the house and we walked closer to it. Matthew knocked on the door twice. A woman came to the door. She had short brown hair that went down to her shoulders. She was wearing a nice long white dress with a black cardigan.

"Oh my god, Matthew is that you and is this your friend named Johnny?" the woman questioned as she shook Mathew and looked at him. "Yes, can I stay with you please I can't take his shit anymore." Matthew asked. "Of course I don't want him to hurt you anymore. I promise." She stated as Matthew ran up to her grabbing her and pulling her in for a hug. I just stood there silent. I wanted to say something but I held it back so I wouldn't roan this moment. "This is my boyfriend, Johnny, he was the only one I could talk to and we found ourselves here. Actually, if it weren't for him telling me to run away I never would have come over here." I walked closer to her and shook her hand. "It's so nice to meet you." I said. "Oh, Come in please." She said as she led us to her living room. The living room was so nice; it had 2 couches made into an L shape and a chair on the other side. She had a big flat screen and a few house plants. We sat down on the couch together, Matthew in the middle. "Wow, it is exactly how I remembered it. You're still a crazy plant lady, I see." Matthew said and looked around the room. "It even smells the same." He took a big breath in letting all of the smells go through his system. I was so happy we were getting him away from that hell. "So, what are we going to do about your stuff?" I asked. "I'll sneak in and get it." Matthew put his hand on my knee and moved it up to my thigh and back down to my knee. "So, how long have you two been a couple?" Kathy asked. We looked at each other and back at her and said "We have been together for a day but feels like it has been more than that". It feels like we have been together for years but we just started getting lovey. I loved him so much. "You two are such a cute couple".

"I'm going to go outside you two can catch back up." I got up and walked outside. I took out my pack of cigarettes and put on in my mouth. I lit it and breathed in. I blew out letting the smoke formed a ring. I finished it and flicked the bud into the grass stepping on it with my foot. I heard the door open and Matthew ran out. "You just smoked a cigarette, didn't you." He said he looked disappointed. "Yeah, I'm sorry; you can take them from me." I handed him the packet of cigarettes and my lighter. "Thank you" he said as he took them from me. But did something I was not expecting, he took one out and lit it putting it in between his lips. "What?" I looked at him confused. "I wanted to do it a long time ago but I held back because I was scared to end up like my dad. But I realized that it was the alcohol not these". He blew the smoke into my face. I grabbed the cigarette and blew a ring into his face. I gave him back the cigarette, Kathy walked out. To see use blowing smoke into each other's faces.
I was scared that she would be mad at us, but she just looked shook her head and walked back inside. Matthew flicked the bud and ran inside. "Did you pick it up from your dad? Did his actions make you smoke?" Kathy looked at him. "He stressed me out and caused me so much pain that I thought the only way out of it was with cigarettes or suicide." SUICIDE what I never knew he would do that, I felt so bad not knowing. "Suicide, you never told me about that. Why didn't you tell me I could have helped?" I gripped his shoulder and slide my hand down to his. "I know I just didn't want you to be worried" he said looking at my shoes. "You could have told me all of this sooner I would have taken you out of this pain sooner. I love you." I said as I rubbed my thumb up and down his cheek. He looked up at me with sad dog eyes "I know, but I didn't know what would happen and I didn't know where to go. I was just scared." He looked back down at our shoes. "You could have stayed with me". "Thanks but I'm here now." "It's kind of late want to go get your stuff?" Kathy asked. "Yeah, you coming with me babe?" "Yep".