Fear

I managed to hit the floor before the chair made contact with my face. I darted over behind the door Tarn was holding open, and peered around it. What I found, was a very irritated Sixshot and Overlord fighting rather violently in the middle of the dining hall.

I call it a dining hall, because it was way to nice to even be compared to a cafeteria. It was much smaller than the cafeteria upstairs, enough to house the extremely important occupants, but definitely too small for the small army of prying trainees and overly excited deployment troops. The walls were made with a much nicer material, and they were a dark purple instead of white like the trainee cafe. Also, there were maybe three tables, with about five chairs at each. Except for those and a few small clusters of sitting chairs, there was no other seating. Which meant that this was a very exclusive room. The very thought made me shudder with fear. Too many people who could kill me with ease.

It was by one of these tables that Overlord and Sixshot had armed themselves with their strange choice in weapons. Both were yelling, and neither seemed aware that there were other people in the room. 

Tarn sighed. "Do you want to deal with this or should I?" He looked at Megatron. Megatron simply looked at the scene for a few seconds before responding.

"I think that you might be better suited for the job at this time. They're a bit more violent today than usual. I think I'll have to find somewhere to deploy them sooner than I previously made arrangements for." He murmured quietly. Tarn dipped his helm to his request and began to approach the kerfuffel. 

"So would you prefer hot, high grade, or regular energon?" Megatron suddenly asked me. I jumped. Then, realising what he said, I started to form an answer.

"Re-regular is fi-fine." I managed to choke out. I squeezed my bag's shoulder strap. Thankfully, my vision wasn't clouding over again! That was the good news. The bad news was that my helm was spinning, and I felt so light that I might just float away all together

"No high grade because you want to make a good impression...? Or simply because you know it wreaks havoc on your system after going without breakfast?" Megatron asked. I looked over at him. He was smiling warmly at me. I wasn't used to mechs smiling nicely, most just made my armor crawl or made me suspicious. But, this was different. It was kind of a fatherly smile. Not that I knew what that felt like, but this was probably as close as I would ever come to the feeling. Something inside me melted. And I'm pretty sure it was one of the walls I had built around my spark. Suddenly, I was able to form somewhat coherent sentences without stammering quite so badly.

"I-I just don't drink much. I don't like the feeling of being drunk." I replied, my servo stopped fidgeting with my strap.

"Really!?" Megatron was shocked. "That's interesting, I've never met anyone who doesn't like being drunk, especially with the war. Not that life beforehand was particularly wonderful neither." I nodded in agreement. 

"I understand how someone might use it as an escape, however, I prefer not to dull my senses and forget. I prefer to remember and give myself something to fight for. It reminds me why I am here." I say.

Megatron looked at me thoughtfully for a moment. 

"That's something I can respect. Although, if you don't mind me asking, what is your why?" He asked me. "What is your reason for being here? Why are you a Decepticon?" 

I raised my optics to meet his, "Justice. I came here seeking justice." My voice sounded like I meant it, and mean it I did. I had seen so many, killed, hurt, imprisoned, falsely accused, raped, attacked, and enslaved. I had wanted nothing more than for justice to come. To end this hurt. The Autobots claimed that they could. And I had believed them, the stupid fool I was. But they had done nothing. The problem only seemed to get worse. They had looked on as one of my friends had been raped by an official in front of them. Then claimed that the incident had never happened when she had tried to testify. They claimed that she had made the whole thing up. She was tried, found guilty, and executed for being a victim. And yet, the Autobots had the audacity to claim that they fought for freedom and the happiness of the people. Pah!! Happiness my pedde!