Terror Twins Part 2

If you had never met Shockwave, you would need only to waltz into his laboratory to understand every facet of his character-or rather his lack thereof. 

His laboratory was scoured from white floor to white ceiling so harshly that the very walls appeared to bleed. There wasn't so much as a speck of dirt or grime anywhere. And the stench of over-cleanliness suffocated you wherever you went. This, coupled with the harsh artificial white lighting, made you feel so insignificant and small you wanted to hide in a corner and die. 

It was a large circular room, domed by several staircases and a ceiling so dark you couldn't see what it contained. Seven incubation chambers served as pillars to the first round of stairs, these faintly echoed with a malevolent blue glint. The blue liquid was too opaque to see inside clearly, however, only three seemed to hold much of anything inside. Seven white hallways led to seven different directions, each one lay between two incubation tubes. Along each of these hallways, appeared to be doors to freezer cells, what was inside of these would remain a mystery to me, and I had no intention of finding out. 

As it was, I was less than enthusiastic about being anywhere near Shockwave, everything about him was off. I didn't like his single optic or the fact that he didn't have a face, I especially didn't like his chilly demeanor, and his complete and utter lack of emotion I certainly did not like at all. I like to read people, I like to see that they get angry, that means they aren't planning anything. But what do you do when someone doesn't get angry? The possibilities scared me more than I cared to admit to myself. 

Tarn didn't seem at all phased by the laboratory, or even the cycloptic scientist. Neither did Soundwave, though I wasn't surprised by this, from what I had found out about Tarn last night, (or rather, Tarn and Overlord specifically) I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if they were father and son. 

We had entered the lab from a door that opened right above the first row of stairs, so as we descended the many steps, I had plenty of time to look out for Shockwave. Not that it did me any good, because we had just reached the floor when he suddenly materialized right in front of me. 

Now, the pride in me really wants to say that I stood upright and tall, flexed my neck cables, and gave him an irritated glare, however, I sadly am forced to admit that instead I jumped, and made a weird noise deep in my audio cables that was somewhat reminiscent of a dying spark-eater. 

Well done Dreadflight, way to make an impression. And look! Now I'm talking to myself, joy to the world. 

Tarn and Soundwave thankfully didn't say anything, whether they didn't notice, or were just too polite to draw attention to it I don't know, but I was certainly grateful for their silence. 

"Tarn, you're 1.53333334 minutes later than usual," Shockwave said, in his characteristic monotone.

"Yes well, I'm hardly getting any younger, am I?" Tarn said weakly. If I could see his face, I imagined his expression would be pained. "Now what is it you called me down here for?"

"I need to put Dreadflight into my system and find her some sort of a suitable weapon. Secondly, I need to go over a few things about the infiltrator we managed to capture, specifically, how you're going to want to extract any form of information out of him. I managed to figure out his biomechanics enough for him to fulfill his purpose." Shockwave replied. I was already tired of his incessant monotone. How could anyone keep up a conversation with this mech? I mean, anyone with normal conversational skills, anyway. 

"Excellent-"

"Why am I here?" Soundwave interrupted Tarn before he could continue with that thought. 

"To take a look that new security camera you had me build you," Shockwave said.

"Already? I just told you about those three hours ago!" Soundwave said in surprise.

"Yes, well they aren't that hard to build, the one problem I've had to work out was the hacking problem of course, but I fixed it, obviously. Though I did want to get some feedback on how to improve it more." Shockwave drawled.

"That is.....good news I suppose," Soundwave said. "Where is it?"

"Table three, I trust you don't need a guide?"

"No." 

Soundwave gave Shockwave a nod, and was off, promptly disappearing behind an incubation tube. 

"Dreadflight now?" Tarn asked, his voice quiet as usual. 

"Yes, follow me," Shockwave said.

He turned around and made his way through the nearest hallway, Tarn and I following closely behind. He led us to the door of a room, this opened, and we entered. 

It was a small room, not even 1/4 the size of the enormous dome-shaped room we had come from. It contained a computing sigil, a scientific berth, and a scanning chamber. 

I felt the energon bubble up in the back of my throat at the sight of that. There was no need to take a bodily scan, was there? After all, I wasn't sick or anything, and the field medics from Bootcamp had dealt with everything already, right? All the paperwork had transferred...I hoped.

"Right, basic body scan, shouldn't take too long. Then I'll just have to file you into a hard drive and we'll mostly be done." Shockwave said, approaching the computing sigil. 

Oh no. 

There wasn't any way for me to protest neither, because that would be incredibly suspicious.  So instead I resigned myself to my fate because this could only end badly. 

I stepped into the scanner and took a deep intake. Preparing myself to the best of my ability.

"Alright, commencing with the internal scan.....now," Shockwave said.

And with that, I felt my servo start to shake even worse.

********************************************************************************************

Hey guys! So guess which author has a really hard time publishing on time......the answer is me. Because I'm terrible. I would've written this sooner, but I've been really sick so....yeah. Remember when I said there would be a Halloween chapter? It's still happening, but it is going to be delayed. Anyway, just wanted to let ya know. Also, I've been drawing the new cover and redesigning dear darling Dreadflight so her design is less cringey. As well as gathering my thoughts for my future chapters so I have to do a lot less rewriting and editing after this entire book is finished. Wow, that was weird to type. I never get past the first chapter. O.o Anyway, I've installed Grammarly, so that has done wonders in helping me edit quickly as well. I have to go get school done now, so I'll update you later. By the way, from now on I'll be posting announcements about update times as comments on my profile, so either follow me or check there for update info and the set up I've got for when this book will be finished. ;) Stay safe if you are trick or treating today, have a great day, keep it classy, and God bless!

~swordsandroses