Family Ties and Family Lies

I blinked. Not really sure what to do with this information. My brain circuits were having a heck of a time trying to process it. Tarn? And Overlord? Were....brothers? There had to be a mistake! There were no two people more different.... except maybe Starscream and Optimus Prime.

"Hello, Overlord." Tarn replied, although rather reluctantly. He didn't seem keen on recognizing him as family.

"Oh? Not even going to claim me as your brother? I'm hurt Tarn, really hurt!"

"Oh I'm sure you'll live."

"Not even an ounce of sympathy for me? Someone just tried to kill me Tarn! You should act just a little bit concerned." Overlord sneered, his voice dripping with melodrama and false emotion.

"Oh I am, that's why I came to pay you a visit."

"Yes.....you and your little...freakshow with you."

Vos swore at Overlord in about 5 different variations of Vernicular. His words varying from slightly vulgar to atrociously obscene. Overlord cackled maniacally in his cell, he apparently found this funny.

I gritted my denta, Overlord was pushing all of Tarn's buttons, and they were also slamming down mine. I understood now why Tarn sometimes felt like shooting him. I had only known Vos for about half a day, but if someone tried to hurt him, I would probably bring down the wrath of hell on anyone who even thought they should try.

 I surprised myself with how much I liked him. Everyone else seemed like they could easily have something nasty planned to double cross you or kill you if need be. Yet Vos just seemed happy to have someone to talk to. He was an adorable little murderer. He also had been so... welcoming for lack of a better word. He actually seemed to... dare I say it, like me? I think "like" might be a strong word, but he seemed to pleasantly tolerate my existence.

 Kaon and Tesarus were fine, but I kept getting this itching feeling they were suspicious of me. And they had every right to be.

 Helex seemed to straight out dislike me, which was okay. He only met me that morning, and I fainted within minutes after dancing instead of working. I internally cringed at my own behavior. 

"Oh, got a temper have we? I still find it hilarious that Tarn is fine with sparklings joining his team."

Overlord got an audio receptor full for that one. I actually winced at a few of his swears. He made cussing someone out an art form. Some of them sounded like he had came up with them himself. I made a mental note to compliment his work.

 "It's strange, we never talk anymore, Tarn. You know, brother to brother? It's always about war with you. Honestly, you really should lighten up. It's good for your health."

"I will when the war does."

"Pffft. You're gonna have to wait a while. You've changed since the whole thing with Silverstorm. You used to actually be an okay person. You need to get back into looking for a partner. You'd do better that way. Maybe a nice crazy one who poisons your energon behind your back?"

"Are you still upset about that?"

Upset about what? What could drive these two to want each other dead?

"Ha! Me? Upset? HOW COULD I NOT BE?!"

"I told you, I had nothing to do with her. We never did anything. You were being paranoid."

Her?

"Oh! So it's my fault now! Yeah Tarn, REAL mature. Playing the blame game! What are you? 10?"

"I. Didn't. Do. It. That is all I am saying. It could have been any one of the hundreds of mechs in that building. You know that as well as I do."

"Yeah, sure. What do you want me for now?"