Ghosts That We Knew

Rare leaked photo of the DJD in their Natural Habitat featured above. Photo was taken outside of a mall by a bystander who expressed concern for the Mother Tarn's mental health. Also yes, I am not the only one who thinks Vos likes bows. 

After finishing her plate with zeal, Starlight had quite literally fallen asleep, right into her messy plate. The softest of snores could be heard from directly beside me and even I had to admit it was adorable. 

Helex had continued to laugh and shake his head in the doorframe while Tarn smiled innocently and started a new pot of energex since our entire ship had an unhealthy relationship with it. Seriously, who drinks caffeine at midnight?

"So, let me get this straight," I said. "We didn't need Aphelion to begin with, and you had us abduct him...as a distraction?!"

"Yeah, and we wasted a lot of time doing it. And I had to work a bar with a bunch of rich ingrates for really no good reason." Helex gave Tarn a pointed look.

"But did you suspect it was only a distraction?"

"Well, no-"

"Then it worked."

"Maybe for you, the amount of disgusting comments I heard being made almost made me homicidal."

"Aren't you always almost homicidal?"

"Am not."

"Are too you overgrown child."

"Why are we friends?"

"Because you don't get out much and we both have too much social anxiety to try making new friends."

"I hate you so much."

"No you don't, I'm a veritable ray of sunshine and optimism."

"Maybe I hate sunshine and optimism."

"You watch Hallmark televised movies at four in the morning while crying and hugging Fluffy. Stop kidding yourself."

"That was ONE TIME!"

"Mhmm, sure."

I chuckled and listened to Tarn and Helex continue to bicker like an old married couple. Helex was the only one who ever challenged him for any reason, and Tarn was the only one who put Helex in his place. It was quite comical honestly.

Tarn was about to say something, when he stopped midsentence and sighed. He set his coffee mug down, took two steps to the left and ripped the grate off of the air vent. A tiny and very troublesome Vos tumbled out and landed on its itty bitty paws.

"Vos we talked about this. We don't eavesdrop on our team members, you know that."

Vos tried to make a face, realized he didn't have one, and slumped with his arms crossed. He mumbled something about an unfair universe and life is cruel, then he looked at where we were sitting and said something to Tarn that I couldn't make out.

"I think it will be fine Vos, I think he's gotten over that by now."

Vos clucked in disagreement then shrugged as if to say, "Your funeral."

"Where is Kaon, speaking of which." Helex asked.

"I sent him and Tesarus to put Aphelion in his backyard pool. We don't need him for anything else."

The front door opened, and Fluffy barked, alerting us that his master had come home. Fluffy might be annoying, and he might pee on everything, and he might constantly run about and misbehave and steal food out of the refrigerator, but he tried to be a good boy.

Kaon ran into the kitchen and no sooner had his face appeared in the doorway than he was pouring a mug of energex and rushing back out into the living room.

"Where are you going in a hurry?" Helex asked gruffly, he turned to watch what Kaon was doing, as did we all.

Kaon picked up the remote and was flipping through the local channels until a news report came on. And my face went pale.

We all gathered in the living room except Starlight who was still passed out in her plate.

"-earlier this evening. We have just received word the Aphelion has been returned to his home. However, we do not have confirmation of any attempted kidnapping. There are only 1 dead, and fifteen injured, this occurred after a fire alarm went off in the ballroom. There are currently no suspects..."

A cheer went up from Kaon and Vos and everyone was smiling. 

"I'd say we did good work, team." Tarn said with a brilliant smile. He looked nice when he smiled, also his teeth were really pretty without being fake. Also he had a snaggle tooth on either side, kind of like fangs, that was kind of cute. I like that. 

"Right, well that's light's out for me. Night!" Kaon slid off the cough he had plopped on, and stalked off down the hall. Helex, Tesarus, and Vos followed him. I went to grab my datapad from the kitchen and then I'd follow suit. As I left the kitchen I heard a crash from the living room and I ran in to check what had happened. 

Tarn had dropped his mug, and it had shattered into a million tiny pieces. And his face was pale, he looked like he had seen a ghost. His gaze was transfixed upon the TV, where the news reporter was asking a femme on the street what she thought the culprit was of the accident earlier.

The femme was silver with bright blue eyes, she was striking really. High class beauty. All fake and too dramatic. 

She stared into the camera for a moment then she said, "I think that who ever did it, was a very clever boy." Then she winked at the camera, and the screen went black. Tarn had slammed the off button so hard the remote had cracked.

"Are you, alright?" I asked, noticing that his entire frame was shaking.

"Perfectly fine," came his obviously fake answer.

                                  End of Predatory, Book 1 of the Rising Storm series

PLEASE READ!!!! IF NOTHING ELSE READ THIS!!!!!

Swordsandroses here, I had to finish this book strong, and I need to brief you guys on a few things. So, yeah. SURPRISE it's a series! xD I am wasting so much time on this fanfiction, oh well. It's about time I get Dreadflight out of my head and into a story for once. I started this book last August, on my phone, because I was bored at a local concert and had decided to write this instead. And I had no plans to do anything with this story, but here we are! I stuck with it, and wrote about 1000 words for every chapter. This story started out of a Transformers Prime fanfiction about Predaking actually, and Dreadflight's original name was going to be.....wait for it, it's terrible.....Wild Rider. Yeah. And she had a battle axe, and was the best Decepticon ever.....because reasons?? Look, I was like, 10, don't judge me. But this story has come a long way since....2011....:I Anyway. I'm gonna work ahead on the new book, I will try to post the second weekend in June, I  have a really busy May,  so please forgive me. To get alerted as to when I post it, you are going to have to follow my profile, and you should get a ding when I post.

Anyway, Keep it classy, make good choices, and God Bless!

With Love for all of you awesome readers, I couldn't have done this without you.

~swordsandroses