The Gala pt. 1

"So, what makes you a good fit for the position of project organizing manager?" Asked the bubbly blue femme. Her optics were outlined in an over abundance of black optic liner that gave her the appearance of a demented cyber rat. The fiery orange mech in the chair in front of her forced a smile through gritted teeth. 

"I have always had a passion for organizing events and overseeing projects in the workplace. I am very good at keeping things organized, I'm especially a fan of lists myself I guess you could say. I'm also excellent at keeping up with names, dates, likes, dislikes, color schemes, you name it, I've organized it!" He replied confidently, as the femme read over his resume. 

"Well, it has been a pleasure, Firebrand. I will most certainly be considering your application, and you can be expecting a call back in a day or too. It's most unfortunate for our previous employee to have suddenly passed at a time like this! A gala this big is a nightmare to oversee, especially overstaffed!" She began to sniffle, and looked up while blinking furiously. "I want to cry but my eyeliner cost a thousand shanix."

The mech nodded in understanding, pushing his visor back into place. 

*********************3 days later********************************

"...and remember that Jadestep and Thundercloud can't sit together, they're ex's now and that would just be awkward. Maybe put in that ship fuel cartel next to her. He's a fresh face, and since she's single now she might be on the prowl for a new partner...hmmm. Oh! And put the Aphelion in the center table, he is the host after all, we can't just stick him on an end table. You there! What are you doing with those color samples!"

"They're for the table runners ma'am!"

"We are not putting blue and orange on table runners! They're called clashing colors for a reason! Make them Florendine Gold! With accents of Sunset Dangerine and Firestorm orange to make the flowers pop! Honestly, we are an event managing facility not a gang fighting the fashion police! Ugh, and we're short on waiters too! Firebrand! I need you to hire at least five more, get some bartenders too, we'll need them at this rate! And go change your colors, you need to look presentable for tonight, not be the eyesore of the century!" The blue femme, Moonshine, snapped at the orange mech, before rushing off to go yell at someone else. 

The mech nodded, and placed the name cards around the table in the correct order, the made a long list of notes on his datapad of the guest list, and the respective seating chart. He glanced around the enormous summer palace that the party was taking place in. This was just the ballroom, with a white marble floor, and beautifully intricate gold and marble statues all over the sides and walls of the room. Outside was a garden beyond all compare, complete with fountains, flowers, vineyards, ponds, and ornate statues and hedges. 

He made his way through the poker tables and approached the bar, where rainbows of bottles of extremely expensive high grade glistened in the golden sunlight. Several couches and armchairs were scattered around the small lounging area of the bar. Undoubtedly they would be a popular spot later. 

Magnificent banners of crimson and gold were hung from the ceiling, and windows looked out upon a marvelous view of the sprawling city beneath them. The palace was atop a large mountain that had a flat top. You had to take an elevator just to get up here. 

The young mech scurried over to a door at the far end of the room, he pushed it open and entered the long hall of individual washrooms. He turned into one and locked the door. He pulled out an audial-receptor piece. He clipped it in, and pushed the call button on it as he strode towards the mirror. He slid the visor off with ease, to reveal an eyeless faceplate, curved into a crooked smile.

"Ready for you to get into position. Oh, and don't forget to clock in," Kaon said with a smirk.