In Which a Femme Makes Her Point, And a Family Gets Larger

Deadlock was in utter shock, that much even Kaon could see. As we made the long walk to the target (it was at least the length of the Peaceful Tyranny away) I found myself walking with a small spring in my step that I hadn't had in a very long time. I just hoped I wasn't overestimating my abilities because that would be humiliating. And Deadlock's snide comments the entire way didn't help my cause any. 

"If she hit the target I will be surprised," Deadlock sneered. Tarn didn't defend me, but he did cast me a questioning glance. I think he might have been slightly anxious for me, but he was going to let me fight my own battles. He was letting me earn my own respect, I realized. At that thought, I stood even straighter and even gave way to a smug smile.

Vos, who was walking beside me, gave me a weird look. I didn't mention it, however, and continued making my way to the target. 

Kaon ran ahead as we began to get close to get a better look at the target. 

Deadlock shot me another glance, "Ya'know if ya' wanna back out before ya' get humiliated, it's perfectly acceptable. It ain't fair comparing a femme to uh... us. Ya'know what I mean?"

 I didn't say anything, instead, I did my best not to change my smug expression. 

Kaon was standing in front of the target, his expression one of shock. And, upon seeing my results, Tarn and Deadlock held the same. I couldn't tell as well with Vos though because he didn't have a very readable face. 

The mech shaped target had exactly two holes in it, two fist-sized holes to be exact. The first 2 clips I had aimed at the spark chamber and the second 2 I had aimed at the helm. Every single one had made their mark. 

I walked up between Deadlock and Tarn and patted Deadlock's shoulder as I leaned in closer to his audial receptor, "You're right, it isn't fair to compare yourself to me. I'd hate for you to damage your self-esteem." Then I slipped back and began to walk back to the table.

*****************************************************************************************

Once Dreadflight had walked out of earshot from the group, Deadlock opened his mouth, "So.... is she single? Because that was hot." 

Which earned him a glare from Tarn, and a moderate shock from Kaon.

"She's a D.J.D. member now, you mess with her you mess with all of us." Tarn reminded sternly. "Don't forget who we are."

Vos chuckled maliciously, shooting, watching his new friend kick Deadlock's tailpipe, and getting to threaten Deadlock in the same afternoon? This day couldn't get any better!

*****************************************************************************************

Later, as I was straightening my room and listening to the recordings of old Cybertronian musicals from my years as a ballerina, I heard a knock on my open door. I turned to see Tarn silhouetted in the hallway.

"May I come in?" He asked, his voice low and quiet as usual. I nodded. He entered and sat down at the desk in the corner of the room. He folded one clawed pedde over the other knee neatly and gave me an expectant look. I assumed he was going to pull out another terrifying data pad full of homework and the tears of small sparklings, but instead he continued to give me a look that I couldn't interpret. "We need to talk. I'd appreciate it if you would close the door." 

I fought the rising ball of panic rising in my throat that threatened to choke me, and turned my music off. I quickly shut the door as well, then turned to face Tarn. 

"I've had a chat with Nickel recently," He began. Oh, Scrap. He gestured for me to sit down. I did so, folding my legs underneath me on top of my bed.

 "-and she told me that she had learned something interesting out from Shockwave. Apparently, the scan he had taken and added to your file wasn't entirely accurate, so she did a little bit of digging through the code. And when she found more things out, she confronted Shockwave about it, and he filled her in about covering up your ancestry-"

"I'm sorry!" I cut in, panic rising in my chest.  Before I knew it I was talking so fast it was like I was throwing up words that I didn't remember saying, I only began to realize what words were coming out when I ended with, "-I didn't know what to do and I know it wasn't right but I was scared about the consequences of being the daughter of-" I sighed, finally catching my breath, and looking away. Saying it hurt a little every time. "-the daughter of a prostitute and an unnamed functionist council member." 

Tarn held up a servo, then gave me a weird look. "I am... not entirely sure what you are talking about. Please elaborate."

I looked up, confused. "What do you mean you don't know what I'm talking about? Shockwave said he hid the file because of that."

Tarn blinked, "He hid an anomaly in you CNA that didn't check out for Nickel, he reported you were cold-constructed, the same thing as your previous health checks. Not...sparked."

"Oh," Idiot! This is what you get for speaking without thinking! 

"So," Tarn paused, picking his words carefully, "-what is this about your father being a functionist?" Tarn asked softly. I opened my mouth, but no words came out, so I closed it again and looked away. Tarn sighed, and I heard a clicking sound. I looked back up to see he had taken his mask off and set it on the desk. 

"Dreadflight, you can tell me anything. You're a member of my team, don't take that lightly. I see every member of this team as a family, a very odd family granted, but a family nonetheless. And now that you've joined, you fall into that category too. Everything you tell me here will be confidential. Just you, and me, alright?" 

His voice was gentle, though the words weren't easy to swallow. However, I also knew I had dug myself into this hole, so I had to answer for my actions.

"Al-Alright," I agree, my voice rough with emotion. "H-how much do you want to know?"

"Everything," Tarn said. "Tell me everything."

****************************************************************************************

Hey guys! Swordsandroses here! Bringing you a new chapter! This one was kind of filler I know, but next chapter will have much more nitty-gritty details. I think my chapters are going to remain short sadly until the Holidays are over. This Christmas is going to be rather...rough due to family issues and a lot of drama and hard stuff going on. But I still want to get chapters written for you guys! It's one of the highlights of my week, as are every single comment from you guys! Every time I see a comment or a like I get kind of overwhelmed anyone is even reading my story! So thank you, guys! So So much! And don't think I have forgotten any of your story request ideas either! While Blitzwing won't necessarily be prominent soon....he IS coming, in time ;D. So, yeah. That's all for now guys! Have a great week! Keep it classy! MAKE GOOD CHOICES! And God bless!

~swordsandroses