The Calm Before the Storm

^Art that I do not own, but am basing the setting of this chapter on. :)

The planet was beautiful until we descended into the parking garage. At which Helex's road rage suddenly came out in full fury. 

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS SADISTIC SON OF A GLITCH?!!" Helex screeched after an obnoxiously bright red model '98 Praxian Forerunner with numerous disgusting bumper stickers cut us off for what I counted as the fifth time in half an hour. Helex leaned forward menacingly towards the windshield, his larger set of hands firmly grasping the back of Tarn's chair in a death grip, and the smaller set were giving the ship a very offensive and obscene gesture. 

"Easy, Helex," Tarn reminded softly. "It's just traffic, there's no need to get hostile."

"Tarn! He just ignored that very blatant traffic light! Learn how to fragging drive you idiot! That's to the imbecile in front of us, not you Tarn."

"I surmised as such-"

"GET YOUR FRAGGING FOOT OFF THE BRAKE YOU FRAGGING-" it was at this point that Helex's language suddenly took a turn for the worse. Some of which sounded like it had come from Vos...almost. 

"I really need to get that swear jar..." I heard Tarn mutter as he flicked the turn signal on and leaned to the left to avoid getting smooshed by Helex's hulking form. Which while entertaining, wouldn't be a great state to have your captain be in while collecting information from a private meeting with an illegal broker who specialized in blackmail and dirty secrets. For that was what Turbofox, the broker in question, was.

Eventually, we did make it to an empty spot, and just as Tarn was about to start pulling in....the obnoxious red Forerunner careened into the empty spot, with no turn signal, no sign that they were going to try to get that spot, and even when they pulled in, managed to somehow completely miss the lines, and almost hit both innocent ships beside it who had parked correctly.

"That guy is so drunk," Kaon said, deadpan, as we all watched in awe at the utter stupidity of both the parking and the driving just displayed in front of us. "How else do you fail at both driving and parking that royally?"

"Talent." Tarn replied. He didn't move the ship or anything, instead we all watching in confused, awed silence as the pilot and passengers of the ship exited, all teen-aged and looking very very drunk, and promptly staggered to the elevator that would take them up to the surface of the planet, cheap high grade bottles in hand. One of them even leaned over and threw up on the pavement before entering said elevator. 

We just sat there, stunned as the elevator doors closed on the scene. 

Kaon licked his lips, and opened his mouth as if he tried to think of something to say, couldn't think of anything, and closed it again.

"Well that was gross," Tesarus said bluntly. Tesarus was a sweetspark, but he was completely tactless. 

"Yes Tesarus," Tarn agreed. "That is definitely one way of putting it." Then he changed gears, and promptly began to look around for another spot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~timeskip!:)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we made our way through the streets of the planet that the Decepticons referred to as Avalion Station, I was overwhelmed by the sheer size of everything around me. Buildings taller than the Decepticon HQ reached into the cloudy grey sky, glowing with neon lights, advertisements and other various moving light shows. 

The streets hummed with conversations I couldn't make out, the beeping of countless holo-boards and other various forms of transportation, the low-flying airplane noises of jets as seekers flew in random directions all over the sky rather than in strict military formation. 

As we passed through a dark alley, we came upon a main stretch of street, probably a shopping area of some kind, when I saw a small group of younger adults in a group at a street corner. There were probably three femmes, and two mechs, and they were....dancing. They had a stereo set on top of a post near them, and they were dancing on a temporary mat they had probably picked up from a cornerstore. They had certainly trained and practiced, but they were having...fun? They were smiling, and laughing, and sometimes missing the beat, but mostly they were just dancing to dance. Not to train. Not to entertain. Not to survive. But for the love of dance itself. 

I blinked, and a small smile began to creep up my face as I watched them. I hadn't ever danced for the love of dancing, I had always done it to train, or to entertain for someone else. I hadn't done it because I really wanted to in a very long time, if ever. 

I apparently had been too enraptured in watching them because I suddenly felt a small tug on my servo. I looked down to see my little shadow giving me a weird look.

:Are you coming Dreadflight?: Tarn's voice come over the comm.

Oops.

I replied to Tarn's comm, and ran with Vos back to the team. Helex noted my absence and cast me a scalding glance before huffing and looking away. Fair enough.

We wove our way through dark empty alley after dark empty alley. Until we came to a Tram station that took people all over the planet in a matter of hours, it was massive, and beautifully constructed. Undoubtedly a feat of architecture.

Tarn finally addressed us as we made our way through the station to a maintenance: employees only door. "Right, we're scheduled to meet at the Grand Station's catacombs in about twenty minutes. Kaon, you're coming with me. Helex, you get to monitor. Vos, Dreadflight and Tesarus, you'll guard the perimeter. I want Vos in the vents, Dreadflight, I need you in the rafters, and Tesarus,you're going to stay wherever we're weakest. We'll figure that out after we get the cameras set up, Vos, you need to work with Helex and Dreadflight on that, I need them online stat, and I need a live feed as well as soon as we can. Understood?"

"Yes, Sir!" We all responded in unison.

Tarn's plan sounded really solid. And it was. How unfortunate that it was all about to fall apart.

**********************************************************************************************

Hey Ya'll! I'm back with another chapter written in under 5 hours because I put it off all week again in favor of playing with virtual horsies! I'm so great at time management! *sigh* Anyway. I don't have much to say this week, except thank you so much for hanging in with me this long! Thank you for all your love, and all your support. You may not think that reading, commenting or voting helps, but it really does. I'm not writing this story to be popular. I'm writing it because I couldn't find a fanfiction about Tarn that wasn't Tarnma OverTarn/Tarnlord or just Tarn being a sleezeball in general. (if you find a good one where he isn't a crappy person without being shattered glass please share with me because I have found none). And also because I wanted to make a contribution to this community. I personally thought I would get maybe 30-40 views tops. But here we are at almost three thousand! THREE THOUSAND guys! So thank you! For everything! Really!

Keep it classy! Make good choices! Make some goals! Have a great week! And God Bless!

~swordsandroses

P.S. if you want to find me on Howrse international my username is Tarn and I have a horse named Kaon. Don't judge me. lol xD