The Gala pt. 2

The gala was in full sway, and everyone agreed that Aphelion really had outdone himself.

There were dancers from all different styles and genres of music there. The light and colors were dazzling on their own, though the open bar of free drinks certainly helped. Tables upon tables of various gambling games filled the room. While a dance floor whirled with vibrant color and contrived drunken romance. 

Outside, the party continued in the pool and fountains that were flowing with high grade. Needless to say, they were popular. 

Around the bar, cigar smoke hung heavy in the air, while a group of mechs talked about very important sounding things they knew nothing about, and many femmes sat near or on them, thinking about their money.

Anyone who was anyone seemed to be there, from musical prodigy's to heiress's of so much money they didn't know what to do with it. They all were decked out in the best of their finery, many had actual gemstones turned into armor to wear for the night. Others were bedazzled in golds and silvers, feathers from extinct species of cybertronian avians, fine fabrics made of hammered metals and glitter. Oh. The glitter. 

Kaon made his way through the party, checking people off of his list as he went and overseeing the details to make sure everything was running smoothly. He had changed his paint at Moonshine's request, and now was a very deep navy blue color, with gold accenting and decals. It was quite a bit more show-y than he was used to working as the D.J.D's communications officer *cough* basement nerd *cough cough*.

Not that he was complaining, honestly he was rather enjoying himself, except for the one nagging detail-

"Hey cutie! You like riding? Cause we can go all night!" Came a voice from the crowd, followed by several whistles.

It was times like this that made Kaon really wish that he had been born a tank.

The doors of the elevator that took guests up to the palace from the city down below opened, to reveal a tall, dark, handsome gentlemech. His paint was a sleek, silky black, and trimmed neatly in a small amount of gold, with many intricate details laced with a deep maroon. Many a femme's attention was suddenly turned from her partner to the handsome newcomer.

He glanced around for a moment before striding over to the bar, and ordering an old fashioned from a familiar looking bartender. Kaon smirked to himself, though he did feel much more at ease knowing Helex and Tarn had finally joined him. Tarn could really play an Oil Cartel with ease, it was scary.

In a matter of minutes it was mutually agreed that the handsome mech in the sleek black paint had made a lot of money in the ship fuel business, that his manners were impeccable, he was well-read, and well spoken, and was a wonderful dance partner. All the ladies agreed he was charming and had a spectacular voice, and all the mechs agreed he was respectable and absolutely worth talking to. 

Kaon turned his attention to the side, and watched Vos speeding around the room, getting drinks to everyone who had ordered them. He made for an adorable waiter, and he had a work ethic too.

Weird how the guys who are conducting espionage are far better at their jobs than the ones who were actually hired in the first place. 

The large doors at the top of the double stairwell, suddenly burst open with much fanfare and far too much confetti. Ugh, and more glitter. Kaon pitied the cleaning crew, he already knew he was never getting this out of his armor. 

Aphelion stepped out of the doors, dressed in pure gold from helm to pedde with the exception of some white armor, and his pale pink optics and ornate tri-crested helm. A lavish cape hung from his shoulders, and a golden cane was being twirled in his left servo, as he strutted down the steps. Everyone clapped and many cheered as he did so.

He lead everyone to the poker tables, and officially kicked the night off with the opening of a bottle of well aged champagne. He grinned with a perfect white smile, and sat down at his table, with the mysterious black mech on one side, and a beautiful red femme on the other.

He started off the first round, as was ceremonial in the upper class. and with that, the games began.