4.

☄️🍃☄️

It was middle of October, leaves of various colours were falling down from their mother trees and the sky was often hidden behind cotton white or grey clouds whooshed by breezy wind. Taeil was dreamily observing the beautiful scene outside his class when the teacher spoke up.

"So class, today we will discuss." The balmy rustle settled down as soon as biology teacher closed her notebook making loud thump and stood up.

"I want to know how are you understanding the topic so far-" Half of the class groaned in disagreement as if they already knew what was she going to say, whereupon she clicked her tongue to shush them.

"Don't worry you don't have to stand in front of the class or anything else. I want PDF presentations, about fifteen slides with title, source and ending of course." It wasn't any better for most of the class but Taeil didn't care. He wouldn't care even if he would have to talk. He attended drama club for God's sake, he should be used to stand in front of the people and talk.

"I almost forgot.. The assignment is two people for one presentation meaning you should divide yourselves into pairs. I'm giving you a week." Taeil instantly looked behind at Johnny who was already smiling at him. He almost asked what would they do the presentation about when he remembered something.

He frowned before turning at his seatmate only to find out that Doyoung was already looking at him. Taeil saw something in his eyes, something which made him surprised. It had been a month since he was sitting next to the boy, having lunch with him and seeing him in drama club, but he never showed any emotion towards the older. This time, however, he saw in his eyes something, something resembling urgency and please.

"I'm sorry Johnny but I should do it with Doyoung. I hope you don't mind." He peeped back at his best friend and gave him an apologizing look. Johnny's face showed disappointment but he nodded and asked Yuta instead who agreed immediately.

Taeil felt bad. He turned back and opened his diary to write down the information when something interrupted him.

He felt a soft tug on his long-sleeved t-shirt which made him look up and he found a folded piece of paper in front of him. He looked at Doyoung who was waiting patiently for him to open the note.

Thanks, the piece of paper said.

Taeil's heart sped up as he read the message over and over again. It made him really happy and relieved that the boy put effort to write 'thanks' for an unimportant thing like that. It also made Doyoung look like a small innocent rabbit in his eyes.

He smiled.

"Um, by the way, could we do the presentation at yours? We will discuss some stuff and then do it. Maybe tomorrow after the drama club?" He gingerly asked. Doyoung looked like he was thinking hard before taking the paper and writing something down. He hesitated for a second before sending the paper back.

Yes.

Taeil folded the paper and smiled for himself.

✈✈✈

The raven-haired boy was sitting in one of the red seats of school theatre, observing the scene. It was Thursday and as always, time for the drama club. He didn't really participate in any of the things people were doing, just watching. Watching their reactions, as they laughed when someone made a mistake and rolled their eyes when he did it the third time. The teacher was always joyful towards the students but strict sometimes as she wanted the play to be perfect.

The story might seem too boring in the beginning and then ending up too depressed but that's why Doyoung loved it.

It is about one alone man whose mom just died. He then had to move to his parent's house where he spent his childhood to take care of his old father who loved fishing. The second lead is a girl working as a seller in a shop with fishing tools. Their meeting is kind of cliché scene - she talked to his father when the man came into the scene, looking for his dad who left for a walk without saying anything. They get to know each other after and it will seem they fall in love. But eventually, the story will end up sadly. The dad will die and he will have to move out of the town making the female lead alone in the end.

The male lead will be played by one of Doyoung's classmates - charming Park Jinyoung with visuals every boy at school was envious of, who so far had acted in many plays.

At first, the female lead was supposed to be played by one girl named Irene, but after her refuse, because she was leaving to study overseas in two weeks, the teacher gave the chance to Jisoo.

It was kind of odd for someone who just joined the club to already play the main role, but the teacher said the girl was perfectly suitable for it and that she should get some experience. No one really complained and it made the new girl really happy so it was decided.

Somewhere in between that, Doyoung secretly wondered what would be Taeil's role.

Apparently the older would play their neighbour who earned money by painting pictures and then selling them, alongside with playing the guitar in one of the most crowded streets in the town. It wasn't a really important role, but Taeil would have to sing at the end of the play. The song would be something like the top of the show and Doyoung was looking forward to it.

"Doyoung!" Someone shouted excitedly which pulled the boy out of his endless thoughts. It was the previously mentioned seatmate who was making his way towards him and Doyoung realised the practice had already ended as he was thinking too much. This happened to him often.

He faced Taeil and waited. "So um.. The practice just ended so we should go at yours to do the presentation?" The boy asked unsurely.

Doyoung shifted a little to take his belongings, stood up and went out of the theatre hoping the boy understood and followed him. Luckily Taeil appeared next to him right after he opened the wooden door and they left the school together in silence.

As if they didn't have to open their mouths to communicate.

~~~
Quick question
Doyoung with black or purple hair? (or different colour)

-black; and I just realized (while browsing my gallery) how hot he is and I may found another bias wrecker ooops