5.

☄️🏘️☄️

The two walked next to each other, their arms almost touching while both of them were in their own thoughts. Soon Taeil started to register that they were going through a newer part of their town with modern houses and well-to-do families. He also wondered if Doyoung had lived there since his childhood or moved in not so long ago.

Something softly pulled him by his shirt into the smaller street and he gasped. The houses looked like they were built yesterday or the day before, some of the houses weren't even finished yet. Taeil let out stunned 'wow' and he could swear he heard a chuckle from his right side. But when he looked at Doyoung, the boy just quietly observed the houses, though he wore a bored face instead.

Suddenly Doyoung took him by his elbow which scared the hell out of Taeil at first, but then it made his heart beat at the sudden touch as he wasn't used to Doyoung to do skin contact with him. They were sure making a progress, Taeil thought.

As he turned, a yellowish house appeared in front of him. Doyoung's house wasn't that big as other ones but sure modern. It had kind of cosy feeling, the grass was soft and spry - not fake, with flowers placed around the yard. There was little carpet with 'welcome' on it in front of a wooden door which made Taeil smile. His seatmate took out his keys and quickly opened the door and held them, basically inviting him.

Taeil gasped again.

He found himself standing in the front hall of the house, straight stairs on the right, the living room in front of him and on the left it looked like entry to the kitchen. He was observing the house with open mouth not noticing that he was also one being observed - by the younger. Taeil looked at Doyoung and found him staring deeply. It made him slightly blush and shy whereupon the younger turned his gaze right away.

"Um... Your house is nice." Taeil smiled at Doyoung who looked at him again. He travelled with his eyes from the older to somewhere behind him where the kitchen was. Taeil took a few seconds before understanding.

"Oh. Am I thirsty? Uhh kind of, water maybe?" He asked unsurely. Why he was so nervous he didn't know. But after all, he was in the house he didn't live in—with a mute guy. Not a mute guy, but Doyoung.

Doyoung started walking towards the kitchen followed by Taeil. He took a glass and opened the fridge where he suddenly stopped. Taeil didn't understand why or what he meant by that so he went over to the younger and looked at the amount of food and drinks in the fridge. There were two bottles of water and the realisation suddenly hit him.

"Oh, I don't care honestly. But I'll take the carbonated one." With that, Doyoung took one of the bottles and poured the water into the glass. He handled it to the older and Taeil almost dropped it when their fingers slightly brushed. He almost squealed.

It was making him relieved in terms of their progressing friendship but at the same time he never was never prepared to anything Doyoung did and it made him nervous all the time. Taeil hoped they will be eventually comfortable around each other like him, Yuta and Johnny, but he knew it will take some time. After all, the boy went through something. He just needs to find out just enough to overcome the barrier.

"Shall we go to your room-" He started but Doyoung was already walking upstairs. "Okay then." He ran after him, making sure not to spill the water.

The second floor had the same vibe as the first although it was just one big hall with doors hanging on the walls. Doyoung went to open the only closed doors leading to his room. Taeil was nervous again, he felt like he was disturbing the younger's privacy.

The room was big, bigger than his at least. It had a simple bed which was stylised perfectly - with little pillows and plushies all around. The table was under the window, opposite the door where Taeil was standing. Other wooden furniture, such as wardrobe or cupboard were at the left side of the room with a big mirror which reflected Doyoung sitting at his bed. That pulled Taeil out of his thoughts.

"So what¯oh yes the project. We need to discuss the topic." Taeil mentally slapped himself as he almost asked a stupid question and looked over Doyoung who on the other hand was looking out of the window.

So, instead making a whole circus there, Taeil pulled his notebook out of his backpack and listed through it. He wondered how they're going to discuss when Doyoung can't speak.

"So. We have two main themes with about ten subtopics to choose from. All of them are situated around plants. We learned only about the underwater ones and the ones sprouted near the sea." Taeil listed again through his notebook and looked up to see the reaction of his seatmate. Doyoung suddenly stood up and went to him which caused Taeil to take a step back. That startled Doyoung for a second.

"Uh oh... So you can look through it and then show me what would you like, we will decide then what's the best." Taeil gave him the book while trying to sound the most confident he could. He smacked himself for being an idiot while Doyoung wasn't looking.

After half an hour they somehow agreed - Taeil was pointing at his notes while Doyoung either just stared or flipped the page to the next one signalling his disagreement. They agreed on seasonal plants for each season growing on the shores.

Doyoung went for his laptop and Taeil's eyes widen. It was an expensive gaming one and Taeil was sure the boy played a lot of games there as he saw few in shelve next to his books. The older was even more jealous of all books Doyoung had. He scanned them curiously with his eyes, looking for something interesting.

"Hey, I've always wanted to read this!" Taeil suddenly exclaimed not realizing he said it out loud. Doyoung who was just turning on the laptop looked up and saw Taeil coming to his bookshelf. It made him uneasy. The older took the book 'Catcher In the Rye' and carefully explored the old-looking book. He sniffed old pages of the book not noticing Doyoung's burning stare. He always loved to do that, whether it was new or old book. The smell always amazed him and made him feel calm.

Doyoung was at his legs in a second. He quickly, but still carefully took the book from Taeil's hands and turned around. Taeil was confused and a wave of anxiety hit him. He saw his seatmate listing through the book till he pulled what it seemed like a piece of paper, maybe even photo and quickly put in another book - black, with leather covering. Taeil wondered what was on the paper but he knew it was something important.

Something he shouldn't ask about.

Doyoung turned back and gave the book back to Taeil as if nothing happened. He had some kind of look in his eyes Taeil couldn't name so he asked "Can I borrow the book? I will give it back once I finish it." Doyoung sighed and looked away. Does it mean no?

Taeil waited for any kind of response and that's when Doyoung nodded. Slightly almost unnoticeable, but he did. A smile crept through Taeil's face.

✈✈✈

It was already past eight and Taeil yawned quietly when Doyoung wrote the last sentence consisting of 'Thank you for your attention!' and saved the presentation on his laptop and then Taeil's USB. Taeil took it by taking it out from laptop while he was packing his belongings. There was one sip of water left in his glass so he took the cup and swallowed it swiftly.

"Thank you that you made some time so we could do the presentation at yours. I will pass the USB to our teacher once I finish this and I'll talk to her if necessary." Taeil said shyly while taking his jacket and bag from the hallway with Doyoung standing behind, under the stairs.

He turned at him and gave him his typical lame smile which pulled the younger from whatever he was thinking about. He quickly ran up to the door and opened it as polite as he was. Taeil waved and said 'bye' before he turned around and walk from the house. Doyoung closed the door but watched his seatmate leaving from a little window next to him, just in case. He hoped Taeil won't get lost.

Because of the presentation of course.

~~~
If there is any mistake please comment 💘 my English is broke rn and idk why ◐ˍ◑