16.

☄️🍵☄️

Snowflakes of every size flitted around the air, whirling into spirals and figures while cold breeze froze roads and made rime on windows. Saturday's morning in the middle of December was chiller than ever, symbolizing that the winter has only started and that it was the end to heretofore warmer days.

It was still dark and quiet, snow falling behind the misty window when Taeil woke up. He didn't open his eyes, he just laid on bed with face in soft pillow reminding himself that he is not in the bed of his small olive-painted room but on the couch in Doyoung's room instead. He secretly inhaled nice scent coming from the pillow while thinking about him being there.

He wasn't sure why he agreed to come over but then he wouldn't even hesitate if one of his friends asked. And Doyoung is his friend and he's even more special so he didn't think twice before agreeing.

Taeil just felt weird and somehow scared.

Doyoung was like a mystery box which randomly appeared in front of his doors, waiting to be explored by someone. Taeil is sure he is able to open it although with a little bit of struggle but he hesitates, he isn't sure if he should—if he wants to open the box as if he was deep inside scared. Scared what he could find out, the big mystery and misery of Kim Doyoung. That the world isn't as colourful as he thought. That not everything is so easy and nice as he is thinking it is.

That Doyoung is so broken that even Taeil can't fix it.

Just the thought of it brought him to yesterday's night and he tensed. Was it real or did he dream all of it? It couldn't be a dream, right? The memory of Doyoung's silent cries sent shivers down his spine once again. He was curious but sad, really sad. What could make mute boy let out such a noise? It worried him so much that he decided to check on the boy lying across the room.

Taeil slowly opened one eye and then the second, blinking few times before acknowledging his surroundings and he almost screamed. Doyoung was lying in his bed, yes, but much closer to where Taeil was. The boy with dark hair laid less than a meter away on the same bed as him, facing the older.

Awaken boy slowly lifted himself and looked around confusingly. He tried to remember what happened yesterday and how did he end up on the bed instead of the uncomfortable couch.

Doyoung woke me up. Doyoung was having a nightmare. Doyoung cried in my shoulder. I fell asleep. I

Taeil slowly turned to look at the sleeping boy and sighed. He felt silly. While he was dreaming about who knows what, Doyoung had to bear with the boy sleeping on him and then carrying him so he himself could sleep.

Taeil was also nervous. He didn't know why nervous exactly, they were friends. Taeil didn't even know how many times he already said that in his mind as if he had to remind himself. It all was weird, so so weird and he hated himself for thinking that because Doyoung was just a boy who needed help and Taeil wanted to be the one who will help him. Then why does he do that?

He shook his head and lied back down on the soft and warm mattress of Doyoung's bed. However, even after couple of minutes he couldn't find himself fall asleep again so he decided to observe the room instead. Dimmed light of almost morning sky illuminated the room and gave him the chance to see things around him.

Eventually, his eyes fell on the boy in front of him. Doyoung looked so peaceful while sleeping, one of his hand under his chubby cheek and the other stretching out to the older boy. His eyes were closed and every muscle on his face was loosened up. Taeil has admitted it already but Doyoung was really handsome—from his doe-shaped eyes to his pinkish lips that were now slightly parted, showing his cute bunny teeth. He wondered what the boy could be possibly dreaming about and a sign of relief came over his body. After the tough night, he finally seemed relaxed and it made the older happy, so much happy he started smiling like a fool. As if he achieved something, or at least he hoped he was part of the reason.