14.

☄️🕰️☄️

Tik-tok, tik-tok, the clock ticked endlessly, their hands pointing at four o'clock in the afternoon. They echoed the whole living room from the plain wall they were hung on, above the big flat screen illuminating the room. The tv was turned off most of the time and used mainly as decoration, but that day the boy laying comfortably on the coach decided to switch it on and watch something.

Christmas was behind the corner and he was watching the classic 'Home Alone' while being home - all alone. How ironic.

His mom was still at work, like every other day, although she texted him once a while to find out if he's doing okay. He was ill after all and she was beyond worried.

Tik-tok, tik-tok. He had turned down the volume on minimum since the first second of the movie, that's why the clocks were suddenly so loud. Just scenes and pictures running in front of him in total quietness, yet he still could hear conversations and sounds in his head from the countless times he has seen the movie.

Tik-tok, tik-tok. He liked it, the monotony, as it made him somehow relaxed and feel calm. It made his thoughts floating in order, one by one.

That, of course, doesn't mean he didn't like the movie, at all. Doyoung loved Home Alone. He just reached the highest level of boredom at that moment.

Being the third day at home wasn't so bad though, there were many books to read or series to watch, it was the school he was worried about. It was Friday and he had to go to school on Monday or else he will miss out many things. He didn't want that. He still enjoyed every second of the rest he got for these few days as the school was tough, but the thoughts were annoying him from time to time. They have always been.

His mom didn't like leaving him home all alone, because so many bad things could happen. His heat has been slowly dropping bit by bit, yet he felt tired and ill. Screw decency, he felt like shit. Medicines didn't help, they only muffled the pain down and if there was something he hated the most it was medicaments. And as much as he loved his bed, he was tired of lying endless hours on a sweaty mattress, no dreams coming to save him.

Yet the worst thing was only about to come, when his mother arrived home three hours earlier than usual - which was for someone maybe nice, but in his case, it could mean only one thing. Problems in work.

"I have to go there." A frustrated sigh left his mom's lips as she dropped her coat on the couch near Doyoung.

"Apparently everyone there is stupid enough to make this big mistake. Did they even graduate or were scouted on streets? I'm so mad."

It was obvious she was mad at herself and her colleagues. Doyoung stopped listening to the clocks and looked up to see his mom nervously running a hand through her short black hair.

She never complained about her work, never in front of him at least. Professionality was expected from someone on her position and she was perfect in it. Of course, she was like that mostly in her work - or at least tried not to bring it home. Doyoung was always surprised when he saw her in a thick comfortable sweater, unwashed hair in messy bun and tracksuit on. She sometimes did her work at home though, but not that often. He appreciated that but hated when she had to leave for a business trip for more than two days. Even if he wasn't ill, he still felt alone in the big dead-quiet house.

In past, he would sing, play games or dance with music on, the volume on maximum. But now it was just empty Doyoung and quietness surrounding him.

"It's only for two days but—I can't Doyoung. You know I can't leave you here alone." She turned at her son and sat down next to him on the soft black leather couch. He diverted his eyes back to the television as he already sensed what she was about to say next.