6.

Sorry for taking so long 💟
~~~

☁️🌇☁️

Another ordinary Saturday morning came and as usual, Taeil woke up at seven. The azure sky was illuminated by the sunshine, greeting the boy through the curtains of his window. The weather was chilly but calm with the noise of cars driving past the streets, waking up the people living there. His mom was already preparing her things for work when Taeil went to the bathroom to do the morning stuff he always did. His reflection was tiredly looking at him through the mirror and the boy combed his messy morning hair.

He needed to wake himself up.

His legs then led him to the small kitchen of their flat to prepare breakfast, him quickly kissing his mom on the cheek and saying goodbye before she went to work.

She worked on Saturdays like during the weekdays, so they could live the normal life as she used to live in their age. Mom working hard just for her kids not to feel 'poor'. Taeil hated it. It basically made his mom weaker as time went by. He wished his dad was there to help them.

Eggs were happily being cooked on the pan with oil making spattering sound waking up the other person in the flat by its smell. But the little girl was too lazy to stand up and go to the kitchen to eat so her big brother, after setting up the table, went to wake her up.

"Moon Yujeong! Wake up." Taeil opened the door of her room and his gaze fell on his younger sister still wrapped in her pastel pink bed sheets. She whined in annoyance and shook her black-haired head.

"Come one you're not baby anymore." The older sibling put his hands on his hips and tilted his head.

"And you're not my mom." She lamented back, but Taeil rolled his eyes on her. "I have responsibilities for you. So yes, in fact, I am your mom at this moment." The boy smiled victoriously.

His sister, however, got suddenly upset.
"Oh did she already...?" Taeil nodded, biting his lip.

"I wanted to say good morning at least." She sighed sadly.

"She went to your room and greeted you before leaving." The perfectly made up lies dripped out of Taeil's mouth whereupon his sister nodded her head enthusiastically.

"Let's go eat." She passed by him, heading to the kitchen.

Taeil stood there frozen on the spot for a second, mentally punching himself. He should stop covering for his mom with lies although it wasn't completely her fault.

They sat behind a small table for two and chatted about everything. About Yujeong's friends and the boy she likes, about the people she didn't like, or the things she always wanted to try.

As siblings, they had a really good relationship which many people could be jealous of. Because what more they got left? They had only each other now as their mom was always busy, their grandparents with their father as well were in a better place.

Taeil sighed.

He really did miss him but he was happy that Yujeong was here with him.

The boy smiled at the girl in front of him who was wearing a happy face. She was finally back at her old self—for over a year. It took her more time than him to get over their father's death as she had always been closer to him. She was his little princess. With dad being the king and his mom the queen.

He wasn't sure of what exactly he was, but he didn't complain at all. Taeil knew he was part of the best family he could ever get and he was happy for it.

✈✈✈

Doyoung hated it. He hated his life.

Forgetting all the shit that happened to him last year he still had shitty life and he didn't even wonder why anymore. His mom was perfect. But not too perfect to settle down and find a man who she'll truly love.

The boy didn't know where his father was since childhood and he didn't care anymore. He was probably just a mistake although his mother was always saying otherwise. He was her only child, so she really cared for him although the boy didn't see it. But why would he, every few months he had to act like perfect son in front of a stranger who would leave in the end anyway, leaving his mom alone and depressed.

She used to drink because of it but stopped after the realization hit her - she also had a job and friends, well and son too. Doyoung adored her because of how strong she was but hated her for not learning from her mistakes.

The last year, however, she stopped inviting strangers completely. Doyoung thought it was because of him being mute - cripple and she was simply ashamed because of him. But the truth was, she really did want to help him as she truly loved him. And it was breaking her heart that Doyoung didn't see it.

-

He slowly sipped his orange juice while staring at his mom looking around their house for the things she needed, with a phone in her hand and keys hanging on her forefinger.

"Doyoungie, I'm heading to the office to discuss some stuff. I'll be back in three or five hours, but I'll try to hurry up. If anything happens, please text me okay?" She took her things and kissed the boy on the forehead. He slightly nodded which made her smile and kinda relieved.

Her son started responding to her two months ago, slowly opening to her with his emotions and she saw it as progress. However, she still knew he was bitter around her, as he has always been.

They had everything. No financial problems. Living in the house which stood majestically in one of the richest parts of the town and driving in the SUV which smelled as if it was bought just yesterday they couldn't complain. Doyoung wore pretty clothes and lived a healthy life but it was just facade.

His mom tried to act, maybe even meant to act like a proper mother, but Doyoung, Doyoung was just too difficult to understand. He was like that since childhood, stubborn and cold - but not that much as recently. Yes he was mute but the mother knew her son the best and she knew what his stares mean.

She really did want to help him. It didn't have to be her, anybody who could save him, she will take the chance. So they could finally live normally - relieved and happy and mostly like family.

"Bye honey!" Before she closed the door and went to her car she looked over Doyoung for the last time, worried.

Because in the end, their relationship and home life were nothing compared to what he really went through.