12.

☄️🌃☄️

The pause was too long for Taeil's liking. Other boy looked like he was thinking about something but wanted to be quiet at the same time. The older understood, he knew it had to be hard for him so he waited. And after a while, the boy spoke up.

"It's complicated."

How, Taeil wanted to ask but kept quiet. He shifted his eyes to something else instead.

It was already dark and buildings surrounding the boys were either dark and empty or screaming with vibrant neon lights into the night. Gentle wind dancing around them changed into a calm one, the quiet loudness still being there but not really disturbing their 'conversation'. The thought of his friends doing something mindless while being drunk kind of disturbed brown-haired boy but he shook it off. He was sure they will be okay.

As the sudden noise of someone kicking small rock pulled him out of his thoughts he looked in the direction of the dark-haired boy standing a few meters away. Taeil actually waited for something to eventually come out of the boy's mouth, simply because he was curious. He couldn't help himself, he just wanted to know why. Why was Doyoung like that, why was he mute.

So when the boy didn't say anything after the short sentence explaining nothing, Taeil decided to just ask.

"Sicheng?" Said male snapped out of his thoughts and immediately turned his head in his direction. "What did you mean by complica-"

"Listen nobody wants to talk about it. It's hard for us, okay?" Sicheng spat at him, sounding irritated. He tried to calm down himself by taking a deep breath like he always did. He shouldn't let it all out on someone who just wanted to help.

Taeil widened his eyes at him. It was clear that he went too far. You're so dumb, he mentally cursed at himself. He was scared - not of the boy but because of the situation he was now in. If only he kept quiet.

"S-sorry I didn't mean to..."

He trailed off when he noticed Sicheng looking at the sky as if he ignored him. Taeil observed him while they stood in the silence, his coal-black hair flying around in the air, hands in the pockets of his hoodie. He wore a very casual outfit, but it still looked cool on the boy.

Taeil expected him to run away or to tell him something like fuck off. However, the boy stood there, probably being in his own world thinking about whatever was going through his mind.

"He used to be normal. Just like us, although—what even means normal in this world, right." Sicheng chuckled quietly.

The obvious sadness in his voice made Taeil feel bad. Waiting for the boy to open up was a better option than saying thoughts out loud without thinking, so he let the boy speak whenever he wanted. Of course, he didn't expect the whole story, it hadn't even been an hour of them knowing each other, but he still waited.

Soon, the sentences came out from the boy slowly, little by little, but Taeil was still glad that Sicheng trusted him at least a bit.

"He was friendly and didn't have a problem to talk to anyone. His personality was overflowing with confidence—I would say."

Sicheng remembered the one moment when his teacher asked a question and the boy immediately raised his arm up shouting 'I know! I can explain! Please!'. The teacher then called out someone else, making the boy pout and feeling offended. He remembered him and his friends laughing so much, that Doyoung got offended by them as well but luckily it faded away after a few seconds.

A soft chuckle left his lips and he shook his head at the memory, not even noticing he was being watched by the other the whole time. "Sometimes he was too...How would you say this—easily to get offended? But his fights lasted only for a few minutes or hours. He couldn't be mad at us for long because he respected all of his friends." A sigh left his lips and he looked over the older boy again.