an interview with @peneloperaywrites.

❝I told you

I told you. I don't want to join your super secret boy band.

* * *

Hello and welcome to an interview with the lovely peneloperaywrites. What may I call you?

Penelope Ray

Nice to meet you Penelope! Is this your pen name or your real name? If a pen name, why did you choose it?

Nice to meet you too! Penelope Ray is just a pen name. I chose to use a pen name instead of my real name because I wanted a form of anonymity. And I had a previously published book with this pen name, so it made sense to keep it ❤️

That makes sense, and it's cool that you've published a book already! Lets talk about Big City Villain. What started started the journey of writing it?

Whew, it was totally random. I finished reading No Capes and had the inspiration to write BCV. I wrote the first chapter and published it, a reader kindly gave me some pointers and I rewrote it. I've tried to write superhero books in the past, and I didn't think this one would make it. I'm still shocked that I finished it XD

That's still really cool though! I have yet to read No Capes, but it certainly seems interesting. Since you've finished it, how do you think readers like the story? Has it gotten good reception?

I can't really answer for my readers, but in it's heyday I would get several messages about readers enjoying it. One reader said they would have a "Coal-shaped hole" in their life :) I received a poem, as well as several beautiful pieces of fanart that I displayed in book three (soon to be republished) and in book one. The reception it has received has been more than I could have ever asked for ❤️

That incredible! It's such a great feeling, not to mention a milestone when readers start making fan art of your work... *dreamy sigh* If only... Anyway, can you tell me a bit about the story? Maybe a short synopsis?

Don't worry, if you keep writing and write for yourself, you will eventually get fanart! I never thought I would ❤️ My story is about a sarcastic super villain who managed, somehow to get himself banned from using his powers. In a strange twist, he actually tries to follow the ban. But as life would have it, his superhero brother becomes the mistaken target of a vengeful vigilante. And despite their differences, Coal does all he can to save his brother. But when he thinks he has everything under control, his whole world flips upside down to reveal twists he never saw coming.

Sounds like an emotional roller coaster and yet a completely compelling story!!! Are you happy with the story? Though you're quite far along with the story, are there any changes you want to make?

There are *plenty* of changes I want to make, new plot twists, clarifications, a brand new theme and everything but alas, the biggest decision an author must make is knowing when to stop and call it a finished book. besides, my hands are tied, I can no longer change anything in Big City Villain.

That's a real bummer! What sub-genre or other genre would you classify your story in, and do you have a favorite genre?

Probably humor or teen fiction? My absolutely positively favorite genre is historical adventure. I will devour that book in a day or two. And then reread it to find all the hidden meanings and twists XD

That's really cool! There's only a few historical stories I can read... Who's your favorite superhero and/or Villain?

That is incredibly hard. I have read many great superhero stories and can go off on a long list. But... The one that is currently intriguing me is Frostbite from Frame By Frame, written by KukaPuddin

Oooh Interesting! I don't believe I've heard of the story! I might have to check it out now. Since this is a character I am not familiar with, might you be willing to share a bit about the character and what you like about them?

Since there are only four published parts of the book, not much is known yet about this superhero. In that world, everyone has a superpower but they come with a downside. Like Frostbite is an ice super but in order for his ice to actually work and not melt, he has to concentrate on it. I don't know if he has other downsides but his personality and the fact that I know so little about him is what is intriguing me XD it's a great book with superb writing, I highly suggest it :D

Sounds interesting! Who's your favorite hero and/or villain from Marvel or DC? Or maybe any of the other various universes out there?

No hate, but I don't actually have a favorite. I guess back in the day when I was kinda keeping up with Marvel, it was Iron Man. But I don't remember much :/ sorry : )

It's completely ok! Is there anything else you'd like to discuss, either about your story, or otherwise?

Not that I can think of : )

Ok! It was a pleasure having this interview with you. Have a great rest of your day!

 Have a great rest of your day!

* * *

A few final notes:

- Make sure to check out Penelope's profile and book, Big City Villain (and the rest of the series!).

- Vote for this chapter if you liked the interview!

A few lasting questions to be answered by you, the readers!

? Has anyone ever drawn fan-art of your story? If not, do you wish they did?
? Favorite hero and/or villain from a Wattpad superhero novel?
? Thoughts on vigilantes?

stay super x