an interview with @LightenTheShadows.

❝You'll never know you can fly if you don't take the risk of falling

  ❝You'll never know you can fly if you don't take the risk of falling.❞  

* * *

Hello and welcome to an interview with the amazing LightenTheShadows. What may I call you?

Thank you! It's an honour to have been nominated! Lia is fine :)

Alright, Lia! Your username is pretty unique. Is there any special story behind it?

Really just the fact that I feel like writing - even gritty, dark writing - is usually enjoyable for me and a way to escape less enjoybale aspects of every day life, so I feel like books and writing "lighten the shadows" in my life, and the username was born! Haha :)

What a wonderful meaning for a wonderful name. Books certainly do light of my life and I'm sure they do for others. Your books, ''Spandex Is Mandatory'' and ''Masks Are Optional'', have seen some success on Wattpad. 

Would you like to tell us about the journey of writing those books and their rise to ''Wattpad fame''?

Well, it's quite a simple story, actually. 

My dad and I have always been sick-if and fantasy fanatics! Ever since I can remember, I've loved superheroes. So, when I started on WP, I found myself missing those gray-area superheroes and the real nutty gritty of the genre that I loved so much! There were so many books focusing on romance and high school that too seriously for me. It's not that any of that was bad, but it just wasn't the kind of superhero story I was looking for. 

So, I found myself thinking of only the end of my own super story and went from there! I wanted to lace some comedy into what would turn into a tragically gray story and - obviously - other people had been looking for it too! 

I didn't expect SIM ago even hit 1K since it was my first book and I had about 20 followers at the time, but it got there really fast! It hit 100K before it was even finished and in the span of less than six months! The story didn't seem to stop at the end of first imagined and I had fans who wanted more, so the sequel was born and my readers are still so loyal to it I could cry! SIM is now at about 450K reads after a little over a year, the sequel is going strong, and I could be prouder of all of the wonderful people I've met along the way! It's an honour to know I've touched so many people with my writing. :)

Haha, well THAT came out lived and less-simple than expected! :)

Haha, it's all good. It's really intriguing to see people's motivations for their works. 

My own reasons for writing in superhero genre are similar to your own. When I first joined Wattpad, there was a lack of ''quality'' books in the superhero genre and I sought out to change that. But, enough about me! Let's get on to the next question.How far are you into the sequel of ''Masks Are Optional''? Do you think the fans of the previous book are enjoying this one?