an interview with @awritercalledemma

Hello and welcome to an interview with the wonderful  awritercalledemma

Hello and welcome to an interview with the wonderful awritercalledemma. What may I call you?

Emma is fine!

Okay, Emma! Let's see, what got you interested in writing superhero fiction?

I've been a huge fan of superhero movies since I was little, and I felt the need to create my own superhero story here on Wattpad!

Superhero movies are great sources of motivation and inspiration! Let's talk about your book, The Crazy Adventures of Aqua Girl. What is it about?

It's about this normal teenager, Cascade Brown, living in San Francisco during the 'Super Era', where superheroes are well-known as protectors of the city. After a few events, she finds she's actually one of them herself, and needs to train and find the courage to protect her city.

Was there any inspiration, any a-ha! moment behind this idea?

Well, I'm in the swim team at my college, and I've always wanted to write about something to do with swimming/water, and superheroes. The idea for Cascade and her powers was formed behind these two ideas merging together!

Wow, inspiration from your own life, that's wonderful! Now that we've talked about your book, let's talk about you. Who is your favorite superhero, and why?

I think either Spider-Man or Captain Marvel! Both have their own individual powers, and they're both great characters on screen. What I also love is they both have lots of flaws and painful backstories, which makes the superhero more human and likeable!

Good choices, good choices. Flaws certainly do make characters more human. Which do you prefer, Marvel or DC? Or are you a fan of both equally?

I'm a huge Marvel fan and not too keen on DC, although Wonder Woman kicks ass!! Definitely more of a Marvel fan due to growing up watching the movies and loving the whole cinematic universe!

Forgive me, I must ask. Are you excited for Avengers: Endgame?

SO! UNBELIEVABLY! HYPED! I'm so excited for the movie but also very scared, as I'm so emotionally attached to all the characters I'm going to be an emotional wreck, as there's a strong possibility at least one character will be gone for good!

I agree! I'm sure I'll walk out of the theater bawling, but I have high hopes for this movie :) So, Emma, any plans for the future? Upcoming writing or anything else coming your way that you'd like to share?

Writing is mainly just a hobby for me, and due to my current education position, I'm not really advancing in it anytime soon. As for my education, I'm currently in college studying for my A-Level exams, which are the UK equivalent of university entry exams for Grades 11 & 12. I'm hoping to become a marine biologist in the future, so university open days and applications are in full swing for me right now!

That sounds wonderful! I go to a very marine-oriented high school and low-key have been obsessed with marine bio; hearing you considering it as your future has me squealing. Good luck with your exams! Is there anything you'd like to say to the followers of Project Super?

Just to keep being super, and follow your dreams, however crazy they may be!

Thanks for being a wonderful interviewee! Supers, be sure to check out awritercalledemma, and as always, stay super.