an interview with @Angelblooded03

Hello and welcome to an interview with the lovely Angelblooded03

Hello and welcome to an interview with the lovely Angelblooded03 . [Congratulations on being nominated for the interviews!] For starters, what can I call you for the duration of this interview?

Elizabeth is fine.

Okay, Elizabeth! Nice to meet you. So, let's start with a simple question. How'd you get into writing, specifically about superheroes?

I have always had a love for superheroes, and as a kid, and admittedly still now, wanted to have some superpowers of my own. As soon as I was able to write, I started creating stories and new worlds and I fell in love with it. So when I stumbled across Wattpad, it became an outlet for both. Although really wanting to write about superheroes started in 6th grade, when I started reading No Capes. It inspired me to start writing about superheroes and that's what really got me started writing, and later publishing on Wattpad.

Sorry, that probably was an overcomplicated answer for a simple question XD

Ah, No Capes. It seems to be something of a Wattpad classic. Many superhero authors on here seem to have gotten their start after reading that book. Also, that wasn't overcomplicated at all! It's always interesting to see how people get interested in writing about people with superpowers.

With that being said, let's talk about your book ''Midnight Misadventures''. What's currently going on with it?

Currently I have decided to put the original book on hold and start the rewrite process. It currently has a teaser chapter up for the rewrite, with changes such as which of Lyrah's parents disappeared, who she personally fancies, and possibly even the plot itself! The main reason for the change would probably be the use (with his permission of course) of CarterRayHydra's characters from Crane Creek and our favorite icy idiot, Spencer Bark. I realized that if I ever wanted to get it published, they would not be able to be in it, since they belong to Cart. As for now, the original will stay up until I dive deep into the new one, or maybe until it's completion. Time will have to tell. Life happens, and as you probably know, writing isn't always easy.

As for the current story line, in the original, Lyrah and Spencer are about to infiltrate the Hero Association with hopes of discovering clues to Whiplash's identity, after stealing a certain annoying neighbor's car from Sydney's Sweet Treats Ice Cream Shoppe.

Ah, that's very interesting! I don't think I've ever seen a story where two authors share characters. Though, I've always wanted to do it myself.

Speaking of the book, for those of us who didn't get the read it before the changes, can we get a short summary? I'm curious as to what it's about.

It's about a part-time supervillain, Lyrah Hodges and her quest to find out the identity of the hero Whiplash. Finding the person behind the mask is the only way to keep her brother, Will, safe from a league of villains led by the middle-aged supervillain King Midas. Along the way, her pesky neighbor, Alex Whitesdale, seems to appear at every turn. Just when Lyrah starts to develop feelings other than hate for Alex, things take a surprising turn leaving Lyrah with a difficult choice to make.

I don't want to spoil anything. So I guess you'll have to read the book to find out more ;)

That sounds like an amazing story. For anyone reading this interview, be sure to go check it out!

What inspired the idea for this story?

When I first started out, I wrote a superhero series called Superheroes in Training, which has been since unpublished for mannnny reasons. I wanted to do better on the writing front, I wanted to expand and try to write something that wasn't as cliche or childish as my old series. So, I started out city building, I created characters, wrote the prologue, and then jumped off the deep end. I dove straight into the story, no prior planning albeit the city's layout and the characters' personalities. I've been winging it from there and it has became what it is today. Since starting it, however, I have started developing a basic plot line. So I guess in a way, I internally inspired myself as far as I can tell. Although, my superhero upbringing and wattpad friends may have a small influence in what it is today. A special credit goes to CarterRayHydra for his help in all the up and downs of this book, I probably wouldn't be where I am today without having him there to bounce ideas off of, and brainstorm superhero personas. He is truly a superhero for enduring all my constant pestering XD.

It's always good to have friends who can help you out with your writing. And it seems like you're a bit of a pantser. I use the be the same way when it came to writing. Though, now, I'm more of a plotter.

Besides superhero, what other genres or subcategories do you think you're book would fall into?

I think my book would probably fall into Action, maybe Fantasy, and Science Fiction. Possibly Mystery, as most superhero books tend to. It's hard not to with an entire cast of characters running around in masks, I suppose.

Ah, that's true! Superheroes do love their secret identities. Speaking of genres, what are your favorite to read apart from superhero stories?

I love science-fiction and fantasy, it seems to broaden our worlds horizons and gives me hope for future advancements or even things out there that we don't know about yet. And sometimes it's nice to just fall into a once upon a time, far far away.

Those are two of my personal favorites as well. What are some of your favorite books? They can be real books or ones you've read on Wattpad.

Hm, that's a tough one. As a reader, sometimes it's impossible to chose your favorite XD. My favorite books on Wattpad... are The Supervillain and Me, and No Capes. The Supervillian and Me has become published so I guess that kind of fits for both but in addition, I love Infinity and its series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. As well as, don't judge me guys, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

No Capes seems to be a cult classic amongst the superhero community on Wattpad. Final question for you. Who is your favorite superhero/villain?

My favorite superhero has to be Captain Marvel. As for villains... well Loki and Carter's Spencer Bark will always hold a special place in my heart. I love my own Lyrah Hodges, but it seems a little conceited to say my own character. XD

There's no shame in liking your own characters. One of mine happens to be one of my favorite villains as well. Loki and Captain Marvel are great characters as well!

Well, that's it for the interview. Is there anything you'd like to say? Perhaps a shoutout to someone? Some news about one of your books?

Hmmmm. Well I've already mentioned Carter's part in this process, but I also owe a special shout out to  who's been a fan since the beginning, she even has her own superhero book so make sure to hit her profile up. She's an awesome motivator to keep the book going, as are everyone who reads and votes and comments on my books. I really really appreciate you all! As for news about my books, the teaser chapter for the Midnight Misadventures rewrite is up, so if your interested in the changes check that out! That's all from me, I suppose. Thank you again for holding these interviews. It's been a great experience.

Alrighty then. Thank you for participating! Supers, be sure to check out Angelblooded03

stay super x