an interview with @idont_caroline

❝Your friendly neighborhood

      ❝Your friendly neighborhood...writer?❞      

* * * 

Hello and welcome to an interview with the lovely idont_caroline. Is there any name you'd like to be called for the duration of this interview? 

"Caroline" works. As, spoiler, that is my real name.

Haha, great! That's a clever pun for your username. What first got you interested in writing within the superhero genre?

Oh, God. Let's see...I have ALWAYS been a really big fan of action. Something about the superhero genre just encompasses that, and makes it even better. I remember when I first started on Wattpad...in 2013, or 2014? The first book I read on this website was "No Capes" by . I've always just been naturally drawn to the genre.

Action and superheroes do seem to go hand in hand. Also, No Capes is a Wattpad Classic. I'm sure that inspired a lot of people to write in the superhero genre. Now, let's talk about your book "The Masked Text". What started the journey of you writing that book in particular?

Well, the inspiration of the story is something me and good friend of mine came up with in middle school. We spent a lot of time writing stuff for it, and around our junior year in high school we decided to revamp it a little bit. "The Mask Text" is that revamped version of our story from seventh grade. Unfortunately, she was extremely busy with her own stuff, so I decided to make it a little more my own and changed some more stuff around, producing what is known now on Wattpad as "The Mask Text".

Ah, that's very interesting. Co-writing is something I've always wanted to try. For those who haven't read your book, can we get a short synopsis on it?

Well, back in the day, when it was the both of us working on it, it was less co-writing, more...roleplaying... haha! Anyway, as for a short synopsis, it's basically the story of this 18 year old girl who some how ends up randomly getting super powers, and having to navigate through her everyday life, and gain the acceptance of all the "natural" supers in her city, while dealing with a new threat, Mask. Chaos ensues.

Many great stories can come out of roleplaying with friends, haha. Also, that sounds like a wonderful story! For those of you checking out this interview, make sure to head over to 's profile and give her book a try!

Are you happy with how the story turned out? Are there any changes you would like to make to it?

I definitely feel like I can improve it, and will probably go back and revise/edit it when it's completed, but for what it is, I am pretty happy with it. My biggest road block when it comes to writing is completing stories, as anyone who knows me will tell you, but I think this is gonna be one that I finally complete. As for specific changes, I'm sure there are some I would like to implement, but none I can really illustrate right off the top of my head, aside from probably making my main character a little more...interesting? I mean, she's fun and all, but I feel like there is so much more I could do to make her more fun.

An interesting character can always enhance an already great story. I wish you luck on those changes whenever you decide to make them. Besides the superhero genre, what other categories could your story fall into?

Well, certainly "action", and possibly "humor", depending on what one finds funny.

Last question for you, Caroline. Who is your favorite superhero (or villain) and why?

Spiderman. Hands down. He's always been my favorite because he's so relatable and super funny. The villains he faces too, are awesome. 

Ah, Spiderman. A true classic. Rest in peace to his creator, Stan Lee. He does have some awesome villains. Do you have any favorite superhero/villain characters from any books, whether they're on Wattpad or elsewhere? You can list your own if you'd like.

Hmmm... Not that I can think of. I do love Dark Static from "No Capes" though. He's a great character.

  I'll take your word for it! Alright, Caroline. That's all I've got for you. Is there anything else you'd like to say or discuss?

I would just like to thank everyone who nominated me for this interview. It's such an honor. I also would like to thank for inspiring me to continue with my work, and all my readers for sticking with me. You guys are AWESOME. Thank you again for giving me this opportunity to do this interview! 

Of course! Thank you for taking to time to answer my questions. It was a pleasure. Take care!

You do the same!

* * *

A few final notes:

- Make sure to check out Caroline's profile and book, The Mask Text.

- Vote for this chapter if you liked the interview!

A few lasting questions to be answered by you, the readers!

? Who is your favorite Spiderman villain?
? What was the first book in the superhero genre that you read?
? Have you read No Capes?

stay super x