Crush on the Enemy

Fitz's POV

"Fitz! A new princess has moved in! Come and meet her!" My mother, Queen Della said. I ran to her to meet the new kid. Finally! A princess who is my age! 6 years old! I'm so excited!
"Prince Fitz! Meet Princess Sophie!" Mother shouted.
"Hi princess Sophie!" I said while waving. She waved back slowly with no reaction. She hid behind her mother. Why was she doing that? I saw her blushing a bit. Hm.
"Why do you have brown eyes?" I asked. We never had a brown eyed elf before. My mom hit me lightly.
"Fitz! Do not be rude to the new royal family!"
"I'm sorry." I apologized.
"Oh it's fine Queen Della. Fitz, you don't need to apologize. She is the only brown eyed elf in the Elvin world so it is okay to ask questions. And um she has brown eyes because um, she got um," Queen Edaline trailed off. She looked like she didn't want to finish.
"It's fine if you don't want to tell me. I don't want to be nosy anyways." I said. Sophie had come out of her hiding spot. She kept looking at me. She made eye contact. She had really beautiful eyes. It was really unique and pretty. It was like a warm brown with golden flecks. I wish I had her eyes. She blushed. She was gorgeous when she blushed.
"Mommy. Can I hang out with Prince Fitz outside?" Sophie asked. As we went outside, she whispered to me, "Do you really want to know why my eyes are brown?"
"Yeah..." I said slowly.
"I'm an experiment." She said after lots of hesitation.
"That's freaky dude!" I said.
"Hey! No need to be mean. Have I ever asked you why your name was Fitzroy? Huh? Have I ever said that it was a freaky first name?" She snapped back.
"Hey! This is why you probably won't have any friends in school!" I angrily said.
"It's not like you could do any better! You probably were an accident like me!" She said. We stomped away in different directions. We both went inside a little later, and I could still see that her eyes were a bit red and puffy. She probably cried. I feel bad, maybe I should apologize-no no. She is mean to you. Don't feel bad.
"Guys! Queen Edaline, King Grady and Princess Sophie are going to live in the same castle as us! Aren't you guys happy?" Mother asked. Me and Sophie turned to eachother. We smiled a fake and slow smile. I could tell she wanted to strangle me.
Hey Experiment Girl. Are you a telepath like me? I transmitted to her. Surely she didn't even manifest.
Yep. I manifested at 3. I also manifested Polygot, Inflictor, Enhancer. Beat that Freaky Name.
Ugh, I'm going to have to come up with some better nicknames.
Oh yeah, and even though we're off to a bad start, ya think that you can keep me being an experiment a secret though?
Yeah.... yeah if she thought that I was going to keep her secret she is probably the stupidest girl ever.
Hey I can still hear you!
What? I blocked you.
Yeah well, suprise surprise. They also tweaked my genes. A lot!
Yeah right. I came up with a new name! Tweaky!
Well...well... your new name is um.... Fitzy!
Ugh I hate being called Fitzy.
I can tell, FITZY.
TWEAKY.
FITZY.
TWEAKY.
"Eeeeeeeeek! Sophie is also a telepath!" Mom shouted.
"And a Polygot, Enhancer, and inflictor. Um..." Edaline scratches her neck. She suddenly looked sad. But my mom looked really impressed. I was too but since she's my enemy, I won't show it.
"I hope they get into the same class!" Queen Edaline said to my mom.
"They probably will. There is only one telepathy session for 6 y.o." My mom assured. Oh god.

No one's POV

The next day Fitz and Sophie met at school. Sophie was really pretty and Fitz couldn't stop staring at her. But he shook it off. They got their schedules. Fitz and Sophie ended up together in every. Single. Class. Every. Single. One. They looked at eachother. With anger in their eyes. But for some reason, they felt a bit happy. And then they both blushed like crazy.
"Hey Fitz. Why are you looking at the hot new girl over there?" Keefe said while winking at Sophie. She looked away. Fitz also noticed that all the other boys were staring at her and were head over heels over her. They kept trying to talk to her. She just ignored them.
time skip to gym—
"Okay! Last two competitors! Ready. Set, Splotch!" The coach yelled. Sophie and Fitz were against eachother. They both tried really hard and Sophie splotched it on Fitz. Fitz got all covered in paint and Sophie had a big laugh outta it. That caused Fitz and Sophie to wrestle. They had to get over 15 coaches to help get them apart. That settled the fact that they would have to be separated. They no longer were in the same class.
—when they got home-
"Omg! I'm so sorry Della!" Edaline told Della.
"No. I'm sorry." Della apologized.
"You know what. It's no ones fault. Its the splotches fault." Edaline assured both of them. Then they laughed.
time skip to when the kids are 15 y.o.—
"Guys. You haven't talked in a couple of years." Della and Edaline said while pushing Fitz and Sophie together. They looked away from eachother. They both blushed. Both of them were HOT. As soon as Fitz looked at Sophie, he noticed q she changed. She had a bit more of a curve to her body, but still kept her skinny shape. And her eyes got a bit qt. She had long hair. Her lips had gotten a bit fuller. She was also a lot taller. And he had only taken a glance of her.
And the same with Sophie. She only took a glance of him and saw that he had been working out. He had muscles but he was still skinny. He had gotten just a bit taller, like 3 or 4 inches taller than Sophie. And his hair was a legend. He still had the beautiful teal eyes that had all the girls going head over heels for him.
But their blush disappeared and then they thought of all the bad memories. Tweaky. Fitzy. Experiment Girl. Freaky Name. They glared at eachother and both crossed their arms.
"We'll give you some time alone..." and with that Edaline and Della locked them in the room with no way out.
"Make sure that they don't come out until they finalize who will become the new Keeper." Came Della's voice from the outside.
"Um so how's your life been going?" Fitz said casually acting like nothing was wrong.
"Ehh." Sophie responded.
"Well it'll be better when I become the new Keeper."Fitz said confidently.
"Who said you were going to be the new Keeper?" Sophie questioned.
"My girlfriend, all the girls in the school who have a crush on me, and all of my best friend's." He snapped back. Sophie felt a pang of jealousy. His girlfriend. His girlfriend. What the? Why was she thinking about that? She stayed silent and hung her head. Her vision was a bit blurry. She blinked some tears away, but one fell down anyway. Fitz felt like a bully. He would have hugged her and apologized but since she was his enemy, he didn't do any of that.
"Prince Fitz! Come! Quick! Your father's mind broke..." A knight shouted. And then gas with a sedative was coming in. The sedative made both Fitz and Sophie admit everything. And it also made them not think straight. Fitz's mind started breaking but by bit. He fainted and was now laying on the couch. Sophie was trying to wake him up, when her instincts clicked. She went into his mind. She followed the little trail of consciousness left from his mind and then fed it memories. She kept yelling Fitz! Fitz! In his mind, but he still didn't answer.
Please! Fitz! Answer meeee... she started getting a bit drunk.
Fiittzzzyyy.... come out. I miss you!! She yelled in his mind. Wait what? I miss you? What the heck?
Sophieeee? I'm right hereeee. I missed yoouuu tooo....
Yay! My Fitzy is heeeree.
I knoowwww I looveeee you tooo my Hot Experiment. Oi! He just called her hot! Oh no. Shoot.

Sophie snuggled closer to Fitz. She laughed while being drunk. And without thinking, she kissed him. He kissed back but pulled away.
"Wait! Don't kiss meeee! Sooophiieee iisss goonnaaaa get maaad at meee. She's my girlfriieeend!" Fitz yelled while being drunk.

Fitz's POV

Wait what? Did I just say that she was my girlfriend? Oh noooo. Shoot. And she kissed me too. And I kissed back. Its a good thing I don't have a girlfriend. She was next to me. I felt comfortable next to her. She had fallen asleep. But why am I thinking straight? Oh! Because the sedative had worn off. But I still pulled her closer. She was still my enemy, but I had fallen for her at the same time.

Crush on the Enemy... that's what I had.