Hello moonlaaark

We dropped Tam and Keefe off at their dorms because Keefe said that he needed to watch over Tam before he barfed. Linh was away and our carriage was running out of gas. We said our goodbyes and then headed to the palace. We finished all of our homework and decided to check in on our parents.

Fitz's POV

"Hey mom! Hey Edaline!" I said happily. They were a bit gloomy.
"Hello kids! Can we talk to Sophie for a second? It's very private, so Fitz, please do not eavesdrop." My mom asked me.
"Oh. Okay, I guess." I said disappointed. They never keep things away from me. But I want to respect their privacy.

Sophie's POV

"Oh Sophie, I miss them so much!" Della wailed.
"I miss them too... I miss them too." I held Della's hand in mine. How could I tell Fitz? His mind already broke once, I don't want it to happen again.
"How am I supposed to keep it from him? We could never become Cognates and he would get so mad at me." I told them.
"Just make sure you guys get married before you have the Cognate test." Edaline answered. I blushed. I exited the room and bumped into Fitz.
"Oh hey Fitz!" I said kinda nervous.
"I can tell you're very nervous so you don't have to tell me..." he told me as we went to our room. We got inside, and then he tickled me, "ILL JUST FIND OUT MYSELF." He smiled. I levitated him in the air and set him down in a chair. I inflicted all my fear on him.
"We're done. You don't respect my privacy." I told him. I ran out of the room. I ran to Biana. I hugged her and she locked the door.
"What did he do." She asked calmly.
"He doesn't respect my privacy, Biana. I'm not ready to tell him something. After ONE date. One date an she thinks that he can snoop in my mind." I sighed. Biana knows the secret. They were gone.
"Fitz could have just meant it as a joke. In my knowledge, he respects everyone's privacy. When he was in the same room as me and mom, I told her my crush and I forgot that Fitz was still there and when I realized that he was there, I looked at him and he had his fingers in his ears." Biana said.
"No. It's over." I said sadly. A tear slipped down my cheek.

We heard a knock on the door. Then mother couple of knocks.
"Can I come in Biana? Its about Sophie. I didn't mean something that I said to her. And she just called it quits." Came a familiar muffled voice. I shook my head violently begging her to not let him in. She agreed.
"Sorry, not right now Fitz!" Biana shouted.
"O-oh. Okay I guess...." he sighed in defeat. I also sighed. I heard a yell and a meddler shot. We ran out of the room to find Fitz holding his stomach in front of 2 black-cloaked figures.
"Hello moon lark...." one said.