Chapter 3: We Meet Again

Beca had dreaded today since Jesse had demanded she come to this stupid engagement thing. She huffed and groaned as she sat at the side of her bed and slowly pushed her black heels on her feet. She took one last steady breath and eyed the picture on her nightstand carefully. No matter where she traveled, she took the frame with her; maybe it was a superstition or something.

"Get your shit together Mitchell" Beca said to herself with conviction as she smoothed out her dark purple dress and grabbed her bag and the present off her counter.

She hated parties. She hated small talk. And she really hated that Chloe would be at this party… but really, she was kind of excited to see her after so long. She dreaded the thought of meeting whoever the redhead had ended up with though. But what would she even say to her? She'd ignored Chloe for five years…. She doubted Chloe would even want to be friendly towards her.

She continued her walk to Jesse and Aubrey's house. It was the seemingly perfect day weather wise. She began doubting her outfit choice again as she walked. They lived only a quarter mile apart from each other in the same exclusive neighborhood. Did Chloe even Chloe know that?

"Fucking high heels…. Who invented them anyway?" Beca grumbled to herself as she took small strides to the house. She couldn't drag this out much longer. There was no getting around it.

Beca nervously lifted her hand to the doorbell. She didn't even know why she was ringing it; this was practically her second home. They spent many days and nights here celebrating, talking, and even shedding a few tears… Not that Beca would ever admit the last one.

"Six Grammies and you can't ring a doorbell? Come on, Mitchell, thought you were smarter than that!" Amy approached from behind her bringing her fingers to the door handle and gracefully walking in the house casually.

"Party's here, bitches!" Amy yelled through the house.

"Nice to see you too, Amy." Beca muttered under her breath and followed close behind her, thrilled that she wasn't alone.

"Whatever, shorty. You just saw me two days ago. Can't get enough of the Fat Power, can ya?" Amy said as they made their way through the house, seeing many familiar faces. Most people seemed to be out by the pool in the backyard.

Beca and Amy sat their gifts down on the gift table and walked over to the bar.

"So, you seem pretty nervous, Beca… Shot?" Amy said as she poured herself one.

"No. First of all, it's 4:00 in the afternoon… and second of all, that's what got me into this situation in the first place. No thanks…" Beca said aimlessly scanning the room for the redhead that was inevitably there. She spotted her, and her breath hitched a little in her throat. She looked amazing, not that she expected any different. She was still a redhead and her hair was longer and a little wavier, but still perfect. She was wearing a knee length blue skirt and a sleeveless khaki shirt. She looked amazing.

"No what got you into this situation was the fact that you left without so much as a word… God, shorty, you're really being slow today." Amy added.

"You know what, I will take a shot. Pour it." Beca added, eyes still locked on the back of Chloe's head outside.

"What's going on here, ladies?" Cynthia Rose asked approaching with Stacie beside her. It had been awhile since most of them had been in the same room together.