Chapter 26: Last Night

Last night

- Ryan Cabrera

You and I are the same

Perfect in our own weird way

Do you believe that things can change

Do you believe they stay the same

Beca reached over to thank the cab driver and handed him a tip as her and Chloe arrived at the police station.

The whole cab ride both girls had been listing off possibilities about how Amy and Aubrey could've landed themselves in the situation that they did and making bets about if it involved Amy unleashing the 'kraken'. The sun had just been starting to rise which meant Amy and Aubrey had been there a few hours at least.

Exiting the cab, Chloe reached down to link her fingers with Beca's and tug them towards the door.

Beca's voice caught in her throat at the emotion slowing overcoming her at everything that had happened in the past several hours, so much so that it stopped her in her tracks.

"Chlo," Beca whispered in place, her anxiety getting the best of her.

"What's wrong?" Chloe asked looking at Beca's fidgety actions.

"I-I just want to make sure, I want to make sure we are okay, are-are we okay?" Beca questioned looking at the ground. After their…. Festivities…. They really hadn't gotten to sort much out, other than the complete memorization of the way each other's bodies looked, felt, and worked to a science. Oh, and other than Beca repeatedly saying those three words to Chloe that she had never used with another human being. But other than that, everything was seemingly… normal.

"Bec…." Chloe questioned. "We will figure it out, we will figure everything out," Chloe said reassuringly. She hated how insecure Beca still was.

"I-I'm not going anywhere, okay? Like, until you tell me to get out of your life, I'm not leaving, I promise you that, I really need you to know that," Beca said completely certain fighting the welling in her eyes. She had said it over the past month with Chloe and she said it to Chloe last night, but still. She needed to say it.

"Why don't we talk about this later, Bec," Chloe said as Beca nodded in understanding feeling some of the anxiety lift off her chest. Chloe pushed her forward towards the entrance of the police station, but as soon as Beca went to grab the door from Chloe, the redhead spun around surprising Beca.

"And remember that thing you told me about Beale's always pushing harder?" Chloe said.

"I'm not sure if that's supposed to be some kind of sex joke or…" Beca said with a smirk.

"Shut up! Oh my God Ms. Mitchell, I totally did not even think that way!" Chloe said with a shove to Beca's shoulder and Beca swore she saw Chloe's cheeks redden, but maybe that was the color of the sky mixed in with her still flushed face.

"Well, that's a first," Beca grinned, thankful for the fact that Chloe hadn't seemed offended at her comment.

"You know what I meant, and I will keep pushing harder, I'm a Beale," Chloe said with a wink and walked through the door, tugging Beca along behind her.