Chapter 22: I Always Can Find You Again

Beca hummed the lyrics in the windowsill of the room strumming her acoustic guitar quietly as to not wake Chloe.

"Damnit," Beca mumbled shoving the pencil in her mouth trying to scribble different lyrics in her notebook. None of the words were coming out the way she wanted them to and she was getting frustrated.

Chloe began to stir upon hearing a soft melody nearby, squinting slightly she saw the brunette crouched along the window writing in her notepad, acoustic loosely held between her fingers.

Chloe took a moment to really look at Beca in this state; she loved the wrinkle Beca got just above her eyebrow when she was trying to make sense of the words flowing in her thoughts. She used to love watching Beca work until she got that distinct moment of clarity. You could literally see the girl's eyes spark in a sense of knowing. It was one of her favorite feelings and it had been a really long time since she'd gotten to see that look.

"You look really adorable when you're frustrated," Chloe chuckled, sleep still evident in her voice as she peeked over the comforter at the content look on Beca's face.

If Chloe were to admit it, the light catching Beca's features that way made her heart race at how soft and fragile the brunette looked.

"I am so not adorable," Beca smirked upon realizing Chloe had been staring. "But I most definitely am frustrated."

"Totes adorable," Chloe grinned. "Come on, why are you frustrated? It sounded good."

"Chlo, you always said everything I did sounded good and that's most definitely a lie," Beca laughed plucking the strings of her guitar.

"Beca Mitchell, I've never lied to you," Chloe said sitting up a little in bed but closing her eyes at the hangover she had inflicted. "Except for maybe that one time when I said you didn't smell…"

"I smell aca-mazing!" Beca feigned insult.

This was something Beca could get used to waking up, strumming her guitar, and bantering with Chloe in their shared bed.

But, she had to remind herself.

This wasn't permanent.

But maybe it was a step.

"Come over here and sing me some," Chloe said motioning to the bed.

"Dude, no!" Beca argued turning bright red.

"Oh come on! You woke me up, it's the least you can do," Chloe groaned.

"Dude, no! It's totally not finished," Beca said still perched in the window.

"Never stopped you before… I want to hear the rest…. Pleaseeeeeee," Chloe pouted.

"Damnit, Chloe," Beca said picking her guitar back up and walking over to sit next to Chloe cross-legged on the bed. "You're super lucky that you're like… Super cute and stuff, I wouldn't do this for anyone else."

"Noted," Chloe grinned at being sang to by Beca. She was literally obsessed with the brunette's voice.

Beca strummed a note and then stopped.