Chapter 17: One thousand Six hundred Twenty nine

"BECA! Beca! Answer the door! I'm just going to keep knocking until you ans-" Chloe had been yelling through Beca's front door for over five minutes now and the brunette had yet to answer, until now.

"Hi Chloe…" Beca said softly as she opened the door.

Chloe didn't give Beca a chance to respond as she was storming past Beca into the house, Billie following behind.

"Chloe – you walked here like that? You're barefoot," Beca said pointing at Chloe's feet as she shut the door and made her way further into the house.

"Well, guess you always were one to state the obvious," Chloe said turning with a shrug. Chloe had only been to Beca's house once, but Beca noticed that the redhead was certainly acting like she knew her way around. Chloe had that way about her. She made everything seem comfortable. Even though, this was fucking awkward. Chloe had read years full of Beca's heart. Beca's vulnerability lay solely in Chloe's hands.

Billie stood at Beca's feet now waiting to be picked up. Beca wasn't even sure if Chloe noticed that Billie had followed her. Beca hesitated, not wanting to make a wrong move, but ultimately leaned down to grab the dog.

They stood now in the kitchen at opposite sides of the counter silent.

"Yes, I'm barefoot… but I needed to talk to you." Chloe started running a hand through her hair.

"I'm here, I'm listening," Beca nodded.

Chloe lifted the latest note to Beca and her anger returned, "what the fuck is this Beca?! What is this?!"

"Okay… So, you're pissed off, noted," Beca said failing to meet Chloe's eyes.

"Pissed? Oh no. I'm not pissed, I'm livid! I'm beyond pissed! I'm…. I'm any word that means beyond pissed!" Chloe yelled pulling at her hair.

Jess and Jesse had awkwardly stood up from the couch in the living room.

"Uh-we are just gonna take off, want me to take Billie back to the house?" Jess asked Chloe.

Chloe simply nodded forgetting they had been over at Beca's.

"Bec – don't forget about that conference call. Call me if you need me…" Jesse said darting his eyes between Beca and Chloe and walking out the front door.

Once they had left, Beca turned her attention back to Chloe, "do you want to sit down?" Beca said motioning to the couch in the living room.

"NO!" Chloe yelled, but stopped herself pinching the bridge of her nose. "No, no I do not want to sit, Beca. What I fucking want is answers! I want you to tell me what the fuck this is!" Chloe said shoving the note into Beca's chest. Beca reached out to grab the now tattered paper and looked to see what entry Chloe had been carrying.

"What do you want me to say, Chloe?" Beca said throwing her hands up and distancing herself a few paces from the redhead.

"I want you to tell me what all this is, Beca! Why didn't you just fucking tell me?" Chloe yelled out.

"What the fuck does it look like, Chloe?! I didn't have the balls to tell you how I felt, so I wrote it. I wrote everything. You of all people should understand that. You know how I am," Beca shook her head and looked to the floor. She really didn't want to cry in front of Chloe again.