Chapter 7: Worth It

"Chloe, Jesus Christ! You look awesome… Please stop doing this." Aubrey said standing at the doorframe of her spare bedroom as Chloe continued pacing the wood floor throwing different outfits in different directions.

"Not good enough, Bree…" Chloe replied not giving her full attention to the blonde.

"Chloe… Pretty sure you could wear a paper sack and Beca would still look at you the same as she always has." Aubrey approached Chloe grabbing her shoulders gaining her attention.

"Beca's never looked at me a certain way…" Chloe shook her head in denial.

"Right. Okayyyyy… I know you can't possibly believe that, Chloe. You're seriously delusional. You both are." Aubrey replied with a scoff. "It's just lunch, Chlo. You go to lunch all the time."

"But this is with Beca… Beca asked me to go to lunch." Chloe replied running her hands through her hair frazzled. She was just getting a piece of Beca back in her life, the last thing she wanted to do was scare her away again by doing something stupid. "What if I say or do something stupid and scare her off?"

"You won't do anything stupid, Chloe. Beca is different now. I'm surprised she didn't reschedule though, you know her and Jesse were in the studio all night? He just got home like a half hour ago. That says something; she really wants to see you." Aubrey said holding a dark blue tank top up to Chloe for her approval.

"All night? What were they doing there all night?" Chloe asked furrowing her brows as she flung her current top off and took the new one off the hanger and put it on.

"Beca's working on her solo album. From what I've heard, it's going to be incredible… maybe you can get her to talk about it?" Aubrey added.

"Maybe. I just want to talk to her to her in general… Now, how do I look?" Chloe grinned doing a small spin. Chloe was wearing a dark blue tank top and white shorts with navy chucks. She looked the epitome of summer sexy.

"You know you don't need me to answer that. You look awesome! Now, have fun. Don't forget everyone needs to meet me at 3:00 over on Madison for the dress fittings. Do not be late, Chloe Beale!" Aubrey yelled after her as Chloe patted Billie on the head and picked up her purse, sunglasses, and iPhone and darted out to her old beat up Jeep. Chloe loved that thing and swore she would drive it until the wheels fell off.

"We won't Bree. I promise!" Chloe said backing out the driveway releasing a deep breath. She couldn't remember a time when she had been so nervous.

Beca was tucked away in the corner of the small café. She liked coming here because it was a low-key place where she could work on her music and not be bothered much. It still baffled her that people were interested in talking to her, and seemingly knew more about her life than she did.

She was definitely running on empty, she hadn't slept a wink – which wasn't totally abnormal, but she felt so drained. From the club opening to the completion of the song last night, everything was just catching up with her. There was NO chance she was going to cancel on Chloe though; she was surprised Chloe had even agreed to meet up in the first place.

How was this going to go? Was Chloe going to ask about her love life? Her music? Her family…? She hadn't thought it through much because the idea in itself terrified Beca. Her nerves were shot and she was surrounded by coffee cups and crumbled up paper.