Chapter 10: Mystery Guest

Beca fidgeted at the doorstep, again. She'd never been the type to get like this, but Chloe still had that effect on her.

"What are you doing, weirdo? Creepin' on my doorstep?" Jesse said with a shove to her shoulder as he opened the door and ushered Beca inside.

Beca and Chloe had been texting and Beca had told her that she would just pick her up from Jesse and Aubrey's.

"Whatever, nerd. You didn't tell uh-you didn't tell Chloe who is coming in today, did you? It's supposed to be a surprise," Beca questioned. She was going to be so pissed if Jesse ruined this.

"Right. You think I'd tell her that and miss her epic freakout?" Jesse replied laughing. "Hey, Aubrey told me how much you helped yesterday with the dresses. Thank you for that Becs."

"Well, Aubrey's a liar. I hate dresses," Beca shrugged with a smirk as Billie approached her feet. Beca easily picked him up and began placing kisses all over his face.

"I think you secretly love all of this," Jesse grinned.

Beca's attention went to the redhead descending the steps; she looked amazing in a snug white tank top and frayed jeans. Beca's attention went to her chucks though, they matched hers. And that necklace.

"Your toner is showing, Mitchell," Jesse quietly spoke in Beca's ear.

Beca quickly delivered a hard punch to his arm, "Shut up Swanson."

"What are you two talking about?" Chloe said grinning and petting her dog that Beca was holding.

Beca spoke up before Jesse had the chance, "Nothing, just Jesse being an ass as usual. You ready to go?"

"Yup! So you aren't gonna give me a hint? Not even a little one?" Chloe said pouting as she grabbed her bag.

"Nuh-uh. My lips are sealed, Beale, you'll have to wait and see," Beca smiled.

"Uh, not fair!" Chloe said stomping her foot.

"Do you not want to go? I can certainly go by myself. I mean, they are waiting…" Beca grinned back smugly and put Billie back down.

"Oh no, I'm definitely coming," Chloe added opening the front door and walking through the front yard.

Beca couldn't help but nearly melting in a puddle at Chloe's excitement.

"Jess, you meeting us there in a bit?" Beca asked turning around to ask Jesse.

"Yup, just need to return some more calls and make my adorable fiancée some lunch," Jesse said leaning over to kiss Aubrey.

"Gag," Beca rolled her eyes in fake annoyance.

"Oh, Beca – they are adorable!" Chloe said swatting Beca's arm with a gleaming smile on her face.

"You two have fun, bring Chloe back in one piece please," Aubrey said pointing at Beca.

"I make no promises to you," Beca coyly replied walking towards her car.

"Ho-Holy shit. Is this your car?" Chloe said in disbelief. Beca was walking towards a silver Audi R8. The car was incredibly sexy.