Talking with Blake

Blake's PoV:

I sat down at a terminal. There was hardly anyone around. Bringing up a map of Vale on the side and opening a search bar on the other side, I began to try and figure out just where Roman was hiding.

As I was making I think my sixth line, a red dot appeared on the screen. My instincts tried to kick in, but I ignored them and continued on. The dot came back again, but this time, it was on my hand. Ignoring it again, I resumed searching.

Eventually, the dot appeared next to me and began to bounce around. Unable to resist, I stood up, eyes fixated on the dot. I followed it across the library until it suddenly vanished. Looking up, Six was right before me.

"Come with me. We have to talk." His voice was stern and emotionless.

Fear slowly crawling up my spine, I followed him until we came across an empty classroom. It was then he finally chose to say something.

———————————
Blade's PoV:

"Sit down." I spoke in my Spartan tone.

She naturally sat.

"Slow down."

"We don't have time to slow down!"

Inside my helmet, I sighed. I knew it wouldn't be that easy. "We do."

Blake stood up, fists clenched. "We do not have time to slow down! Every second we waste, the enemy gets stronger! More people are harmed, more stores robbed. More chances for them to destroy us!!!" There was anger in Blake's sleep deprived eyes.

I simply stared at her.

She got even more angry. "Why, of all people, are you to tell me to slow down?!? You, as a soldier, should understand the urgency of a situation like this!"

I continued to speak in a Spartan tone. "I do understand the importance of the situation, but I also understand the value of patience."

"WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR PATIENCE!"

I glared at her, but yet, there still was no anger in my voice. "Blake. Don't let your emotions be the only thing that drives you. It is easy for one to be tricked when the only thing they think about is their hate, their sorrow, their rage."

Blake punched me in the chest. I didn't move at all. "You're a Spartan! You aren't like me! You don't know what emotions even are!!!!"

I closed my eyes. "You're wrong."

Blake spun around to glare at me. "I know I'm god damn-!"

"I do know what emotions are. I know what emotions are because I have come face-to-face with them."

Blake simply looked at me. "That's because you've seen simple soldiers handle with them. You have never-"

I broke, anger flooding my voice. "DO YOU HONESTLY THINK I WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT EMOTIONS FUCKING FEEL LIKE, EVEN AS I WATCHED MY TEAM GET SLAUGHTERED ONE BY ONE BEFORE MY FUCKING EYES?!?!? DO YOU HONESTLY BELIVE I DON'T FUCKING FEEL AFTER WATCHING A PLANET I FOUGHT SO HARD TO DEFEND GET BURNED TO ASHES LIKE IT WAS FUCKING NOTHING?!!? DO YOU HONESTLY FUCKING THINK THAT!!!!"

Blake froze, unable to speak.

I sighed and regained my Spartan demeanor. "After hearing all of that, do you honestly think I don't understand you?"

Blake opened her mouth, but no words came out.

"Do you honestly think I don't know why you want to find Roman Torchwick? Why you want to find the White Fang? Do you honestly think that?"

Blake bared her teeth. "I still won't slow down!"

Anger boiling in my blood, I walked simply over to her, grabbed her weapon, and placed it against her neck. "You had ample fucking time to realize I was trying to attack you, and yet you fucking stood there."

She glared up at me. "So?!?"

I gazed down at her. "You are tired. Anyone can see it. Your fighting style has gotten sloppy. You can't read the simplest of moves any more. Your grades are falling."

"I don't care about my grades!"

"You should, because the biggest grade that is falling for you is combat. Oh, but I guess that means you plan to sweet talk them into giving themselves up to the police, don't you?"

Blake got furious and tried to swing at me. I simply took one small step to the side, spun her around, and put her blade to her neck.

"Even if I didn't have any experience at fighting, anyone could have dodged that strike. You need to sleep, calm down, and fix up your style."

"I DON'T NEED SLEEP!"

I began to get furious. "What would you do if Roman walked through that door, right fucking now? What would you fucking do?"

"I'd fight him!"

"And you'd die! Right now, you can't even begin to stand up against yourself! You'd collapse from exhaustion before the match even fucking started!"

"So?!?"

"What use would it be to die, if you did fucking nothing?!?"

Blake tried to slip away, but I pressed her blade a bit more against her neck.

Auntie Dot spoke in my head. "Noble Six: please be alert. You are drawing blood."

"YOU CAN'T EVEN RECHARGE YOUR GOD DAMN AURA!!!"

Blake froze, the pain and fatigue getting to her.

"Noble Six: be warned. Her pulse is slowing down and her legs are becoming unstable."

Her head started to loll to the side and I swiftly pulled her blade away. Her legs gave out and I caught her with an arm, calmly sticking her weapon to my back. Wiping a bit of blood off her neck, I saw a tiny cut that was slowly starting to scab. Sliding my other arm under her legs, I lifted her up and turned around to see Ooblek blinking at me.

"How fucking long where you standing there?" No emotion present.

Ooblek immediately answered. "Uh, I-. I watched as you took her weapon...."

I walked past him, carrying an unconscious Blake. "Tell the teachers that I am excusing Blake from school for a day."

"Uhh...."

I stopped and looked at him. "And tell them not to fuck with a Spartan."

Ooblek nodded, then gazed at the classroom. "S-sure... So, uh. C-care to give a lesson on the history of the UNSC one day?"

Auntie Dot pitched in, projecting herself through my helmet's speakers. "That is very wise, Doctor Ooblek. It is all up to Noble Six's decision, though."

Ooblek didn't give a fuck about Dot suddenly pitching in, although she had never spoken to anyone but me here on Remnant.

I sighed. "I'll think about it."

And with that, I simply walked away, still holding Blake.

A much needed talk for Blake, am I right? Now, for next chapter, what should I do? Blade hanging out with Ruby, some ass beating, or just some simple training? Or maybe you want to see what Blade does for R&R?