Defending the Faunus

Blade's PoV:

I was standing in the ball room, watching as the girls (minus Blake) set up for the party. Yang walked up to Ruby, who was sulking.

"So, pick a dress yet?"

"What's the point? Blake's not going."

I walked up. "She's going. I was able to talk sense into her earlier today."

The girls jumped at my sudden appearance. Weiss stared at me, shocked. "Jeeze! You're like a ghost!"

I crossed my arms. "You don't get called ONI's Personal Grimm Reaper for nothing."

The girls extended nervous glances and Ruby gulped. "So, uh..... You coming to the party?"

I thought it over in my mind. "Maybe. Don't expect me to dance, though."

Yang seemed nervous being so close to me. Can't blame her. "So, uh, what will you wear, if you do go?"

I spread my arms out. "This."

Weiss pouted. "You can't wear that! One, it's uncivilized. Two, look at all that grime!"

Behind my visor, I rolled my eyes. "I'll obviously clean and polish it, and about your first point, Weiss. It's natural for Spartans to wear their armor during ceremonies. Thus, it IS civilized."

Weiss opened her mouth to talk back, but nothing came out.

I turned around. "Thought so."

Walking calmly away, I started to roam, thoughts on my sister.

How did she die? Or is she truly dead? Who was with her when she supposedly died?

"Ow! That hurts!"

The woman's cry pulled me from my thoughts. Looking up, I saw Cardin Winchester tugging on Velvet's ear.

One of his teammates laughed. "Freak!"

Another one joined in and tugged on her other ear. "Let's cut off her foot and make a good luck charm!"

They all laughed. I walked up and cracked my knuckles.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

They looked at me, then each other. Cardin stepped forwards. "You'd better be prepared to back that mouth of yours!"

Auntie Dot tried speaking. "Noble Six, they-"

"I know Dot. I can see them."

All four of them drew their weapons and stood before me. I stood like a statue, sizing them up. They charged and I evaded away, causing them to stumble. Drawing my combat knife, I grabbed it by its blade and aimed. Sky Lark charged me and I threw the knife with such force, it took out his Aura and dug into his shoulder. He fell to the floor clutching his shoulder.

Next, Russell Thrush came after me. Drawing Emile's kukuri, I slashed his leg, chewing through his Aura. He fell to the floor as Dove Bronzewing tried charging me, too. I ducked under the punch and carved a gulley into his stomach. Cardin looked at me, fear in his eyes.

Noticing his lackeys get up behind me, I walked right up to Cardin. "You going to run or fight?"

Cardin raised his mace and I karate chopped it out of his hands. Tossing it behind me, I grabbed Cardin's arm and spun him around. Throwing him into his teammates, I watched as they went down like dominos.

Slowly, Cardin got up and glared at me. "Lucky shot."

I walked right up to him and grabbed him by the shoulder, hoisting him up without effort. Holding back, I punched him in he gut, causing almost all of his ribs to crack and blood to cough out of his mouth. Letting him go, I watched as he wreathed in agony.

"Do you call that lucky?"

Cardin smiled and I watched my motion tracker as people surrounded me.

"He assaulted us, officer!" Cardin was hiding his smile and acting like a victim.

The police pulled out guns. "Surrender your weapons!"

I did nothing but look at them.

"Surrender them now or else we WILL open fire!"

I still did nothing.

"Light him up, boys!"

They started shooting and my energy shield took a majority of the rounds before it failed. The bullets then started to ping off my titanium armor.

"You're waisting your ammo."

They paused to reload and were shocked to see me turn around without a scratch. I watched as Velvet got dragged away.

"Where is she going?"

"She is a suspected member of the White Fang! And you must be her associate!"

"With what proof?"

"Like we'd show you, CRIMINAL!"

"Under the law of the Minstral Counsel: all police must show proof of crime if asked."

"Fuck those guys!"

"I have a link to Ozpin, a member of the counsel." Dot had been trying to contact Ozpin ever since the "police" surrounded me.

"Hello?"

"It's Six. Corrupt cops have surrounded me and are dragging away Velvet under false claims. They refuse to show me evidence of her 'crimes' when I ask. What's your call?"

I heard Ozpin sigh. "Fight back, but please don't kill. Glynda is coming to you as we speak."

He never said "don't harm."

I grabbed a cop's arm and threw him violently into another one, who slammed into Team CRDL. I then slammed another cop onto his back, probably damaging his spine. The cops backed up and primed frags.

"Lethal, huh?"

I drew Kat's magnum and got ready for a lethal showdown. They threw their grenades and they blew up, royally screwing my shields. They started to shoot and I shot back, aiming for their shoulders. Their shots started penetrating my armor and one tore through my leg.

Glancing up, my health was at three bars. Reaching for a frag, I watched as something strange happened. A bullet headed for my eyes was stopped by a black circle that faded into red. The bullets stopped penetrating me, yet they were still firing. Suddenly, they all stopped shooting.

"The fuck?" A cop lowered his gun and gazed at me.

Looking down, a black and red shimmer snaked across my armor and I felt that hole in my leg close up. My other wounds closed up too and I smirked. "You've fucked up, pals."

The cops looked at one another, then aimed at me once more. They fired, but this time, Glynda blocked them with her Semblance. Frowning, she pushed her glasses back up her nose and tossed the rounds aside. Glancing back at me, she narrowed her eyes.

"Must you be so ruff?"

I rolled my eyes. "We'll discuss this later. Right now, I've got a rabbit to find."

She nodded. "Right. I'll make sure CRDL gets punished...." She glared at the team of misfits. "Apropiatly."