End of the Beginning

Blade's PoV:

Ironwood and I got the students onto a transport ship headed for Beacon and he left to take back the skies. Summer began to cry from all the death that was happening.

"Summer! Focus! Only more death will happen if we don't intervene!"

She stopped crying and I saw my HUD change. Now, between my shields and health was a black bar lined in red.

"Aura Guage. Give them hell!"

I nodded, then lept off of the stadium, banishing Grimm as I fell. My armor took the blow of the impact and I heard several students struggling with hacked Paladins. Coco said something to Velvet and she smiled a little as she hopped up and down, then got serious. Walking forwards, she held out her hand and a hologram of Crescent Rose formed. She then started to attack the Paladins, constantly swapping weapons and mimicking the owner's fighting style. Eventually, she ran out of weapons and a Paladin moved to punch her.

Using my Semblance, I teleported between them and raised my hands, effectively blocking it. Velvet looked at me in shock as I slowly gained ground and shove the Paladin away.

"Run! I've got them!"

They nodded and left, leaving me and the two Paladins alone. Smiling, I drew my Brute Shot and dropped a chain into the top. Not giving them time to think over what I was going to do, I started to pelt them with rounds. One went down as the other activated its guns and started to shoot. My shields absorbed some of the damage and I sprinted out of the way of the others. Climbing up on its back, I threw a satchel charge down into its electronics and jumped off, pressing the button on my detonator. The Paladin was ripped to pieces and I got my Brute Shot back out, loading another chain of ammo into it. Summer scanned Scroll frequencies and the two of us heard Jaune pleading for Weiss to save Pyrrah. I saw Weiss place dozens of Glyphs on the side of Beacon Tower and Ruby slipped in a new mag into her weapon.

I ran up to the tower, lept up, closed my eyes and teleported. Opening my eyes, I saw Pyrrah on her knees as Cinder Fall, with fire coming from her eyes, stood before her, victorious.

Pyrrah looked at her better and opened her mouth as Cinder wore a smug smile. "Do you believe in destiny?"

Cinder glared at Pyrrah. "Yes."

Merciless, Cinder shot an arrow through Pyrrah's heart. My legs felt like they were trapped in concrete as I was forced to watch Cinder walk calmly up to the dying warrior, gently place her hand on Pyrrah's cheek, then using her newfound Maiden powers, Cinder turned all of Pyrrah to cinders, save for her circlet, of which she let drop to the floor.

I felt the fire in my eyes grow, but Ruby let out an ear-piercing scream as giant silver wings sprouted from her eyes. The light was so bright, even my auto-polarizing visor couldn't dim it to safe levels and I had to look away to be safe.

Cinder spun and glared at Ruby, shocked. "WHAT?!?!"

And then everything returned to normal as I started to feel the tower shake. Cinder was screaming in pain, Ruby was unconscious and Pyrrah...

Quickly, I grabbed what remained of Pyrrah's apparel and weapons, then turned and saw Qrow picking up Ruby.

"Don't worry kiddo, I've gotcha."

We exchanged swift nods, then lept off the tower and ran, ignoring the pain that shot through our legs. Looking back, I saw the Dragon-class Grimm frozen in stone, but black ooze still dripped from the statue, spawning Grimm. Letting out a quiet sigh, I saw Ren and Nora sitting back to back, resting from all the suffering that happened today.

Quietly and somberly, I walked over to them and handed them a simple bag.

Ren gazed at the bag and felt its weight. "What's this for?"

"They're-. They're the remains of someone close to your leader. I'm sorry."

Jaune spotted me and ran over, eyes wild. "Where's Pyrrah! Is she okay?"

I let my head droop and took off my helmet, the wave of mercury that was Summer retreating from my mind. "Ren... Open it."

Ren did so and all three peered inside. Jaune, with shaking hands, reached in and slowly drew out Pyrrah's circlet. JNR simply stared at it.

"I-. I couldn't save her; this is my fault." Tears rolled down my cheeks.

Jaune fell to his knees, sobbing while Nora clung to Ren, soaking his shirt with tears. Ren gazed up at me and mouthed "You tried your best."

I sighed, then walked away, headed for Tai's home. As I made the several mile treck, I had time to ponder what happened.

Beacon has fallen. Pyrrah and Penny are with NOBLE. Yang has lost her arm. Mercury is freezing in Hell. Grimm are attacking everywhere on Remnant. And there are only two names to blame.

Both Summer and Blade: Cinder and Salem.

My hands curled into fists and I drew my Brute Shot, transforming it into its ae form.

Summer: Let's send 'em back to Hell!

We'll do more than that. We're going to make sure its populated when they get there.

A Nevermore slammed into the ground before me and I smirked. With a single swing, its head rolled off its neck and let me pass.

They're going to rue the day they fucked with Noble Team.

Summer: Hoo-rah.

Blade and Summer have now declared a two-man (or is it one man, one AI?) war against Salem!

Next chapter: Blade will visit Ruby and Yang, give them some tough pills to swallow, then leave for his war! How will they shape Remnant's history? Find out soon!