Underwater Fight

Blade's PoV:

After having dinner with Tai and his girls, I saw them to bed, then put my armor on at the front door. Tai walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Blade, good luck."

I brushed the hand off. "No thanks. Good luck always turns bad. But, I will return. That's a promise."

Tai nodded, then left for bed. Slipping on my helmet, I left the room as the moon started to rise above the trees. With my DMR by my side and Retribution on my back, I left the island of Patch.

Summer formed a hologram on my shoulder, one of her favorite spots. "So, Blade. Where to?"

"I've been thinking."

"Bought what?"

"About if there was a second Spartan there, at Beacon."

"Blade... You know that's impossible."

"Is it? I could give a certain General highly classified information about a certain super-soldier program and see to it that a certain Specialist gains her own suit of armor..."

Summer gasped. "What?!? You've been opposed to more Spartans forever!"

"That's because of the hell I've been put through! Winter is already trained and disciplined. She just needs the augs."

Summer gazed down, letting her bare legs swing. "Compiling related data."

I saw a chip in my datapad blink and I pulled it out, seeing that it had been jam-packed with info about Spartans. Smiling, I looked at Summer.

"Thank you, sis."

She flashed me a smile and helped arrange a meeting with Ironwood himself.

Several hours later...
Atlesian Lab.......

Winter took a deep breath and laid down on the operating table. We all watched as she was augmented, her life slowly being rewritten. Technically, her augments were stronger and safer than mine, but that's because we're compensating for the weaker armor.

The procedure finished and after a tense moment, Winter slowly sat up. She looked around, stood up and then that was when I left.

I need to stop the Covenant. Now.

Several more hours later......

I was on a boat to Mistral. The journey was expected to last several months. During that time, we were attacked by several small sea-dwelling Grimm. Nothing the crew couldn't handle. As I leaned on the rail, about four months into the journey, I felt the ship rock unnaturally.

Summer.

Summer: On - uh oh.

What?

Summer: BIG signature under us. Can't determine.

I felt danger crawl down my back. My Aura's triggering. Whatever it is, it wants us dead.

Leaning over the railing, I tried to see what was under us but nothing was close to the surface. Just as I was about to stand up straight and check a different location, a tendril shot up from the blue waves and wrapped around me. People started to scream and panic.

I tried to draw my knives, but the thing swats them away and disarmed me of all my weapons except for Retribution. It dragged me overboard and pulled me under the waves. Slowly, I was brought before the Grimm's mouth and I bared my teeth, disgusted. The thing looked like it was a giant pile of rotting biomass turned Grimm and the teeth did not help the image. (A/N! Think of the Gravemind from Halo 2: Anniversary, but turned into a Grimm!)

Activating my shields, I wriggled out of its grasp and drew Retribution, transforming it into its spear form. Swiping a tendril away, I swam towards the thing's head and started to stab it several times. The thing pulled one of its tendrils back and slammed it into me. My Aura dropped to half strength as my shields short-circuited. Retribution slipped from my grasp as I did a flip, then teleported over to my weapon. As soon as my hand was tightly wrapped around its shaft, I teleported over to the Grimm and started to deal hundreds of cuts to the thing.

It shot a tendril straight at my helmet as I ducked and jammed my spear into its head. The thing let out a muddied scream as it faded away and once I made sure the coast was clear, I swam up to the surface and grabbed onto the deck.

Using a majority of my strength, I pulled myself onto the deck and stumbled over to my weapons, which had been scattered across the deck. Pain coursed through my body as I winced.

And that's why they told us to never swim in our armor. Ouch.

My shields cycled and slowly began to charge up. Brushing a bit of seaweed off my shoulder, I looked up to see a cat Faunus walking up to me. Gazing at her for a bit, I recognised the weapon on her back.

That's Gambol Shroud!

"Blake?"

She froze, caught off guard by my voice. "Six?"

I chuckled. "Never thought I'd see you on a boat."

She gazed at me confused before she got it. "Oh, very funny. But what are you doing here?"

I stood at the front of the ship, gazing at the setting sun. "Going to Mistral. I believe the Covenant are going to hit Haven. You?"

"I'm... going home... to Menagerie."

"Safe trip, kid."

She nodded. "You too."

I entered my cabin and fell asleep in my armor. Dummer would wake me up if something happens.