True Identety and a Family Pet

Blade's PoV:

I knocked on Tai's door. He opened it and ushered me in.

"Come in, come in. We should have a spare bed somewhere."

"Thanks for the offer, Tai, but I won't be staying long."

"Oh? Then why are you here, B-. Six?"

I looked behind him and saw Ruby at the top of the stairs in her pajamas. "I've come to tell the truth."

He followed my gaze and sighed. "I'll get Yang."

I nodded and took a seat in the kitchen, Ruby gazing at me curiously from the doorway.

"You'll want to sit down for this."

"O-okay."

She sat down and moments later, Yang came in with Tai. He gave me a nod and I took the floor.

"Ruby, I knew your mother, Summer."

Her eyes widened. "How?"

I took a deep breath and grabbed my helmet. The clicks of the pressure releases sounded and I lifted my helmet off my head, allowing my black and red hair spill out. Opening my silver eyes, I gazed at the girls.

"I was her older brother."

That got Yang to choke on her water and Ruby to blink at me. As soon as Yang stopped choking, she practically stood up and glared at me.

"Summer said her brother died in Operation: TORPEDO!"

I stood up, took the UNSC flag off the wall and brought it over to them. "ONI made a slip up. What is it?"

They gazed at it for a long time, but eventually gave up. I pointed at the patch.

"That is Noble Team's emblem. Noble Team was a Spartan deployment made after Torpedo."

Yang placed her hand on her hip. "Still don't believe you."

Tai sighed, then stood straight up. "Wait a sec, lemme grab something."

He walked upstairs and moments later came back with a framed photo. He placed it on the table and I gave it a glance. It was of me and Summer as kids. I was giving her bunny ears and she was sticking her tongue out. We were in our swimsuits and an ocean was behind us.

Yang's eyes widened. "I-. I-. How?"

"I'm not too sure how I escaped Reach, but long story short, I was about to get glassed by a Covenant Super Carrier when I somehow got teleported back to Remnant. My armor locked up to absorb the blow of the impact and soon after I landed, you four came." I waved to the picture of Team RWBY.

Yang sat down and let out a very long sigh. After an uncomfortable pause, Yang said something. "Guess there's no denying it."

Ruby looked at me. "Soooo..... How long will you be staying?"

"For dinner. Then, I'm going after the people responsible for... for that," I waved at Yang's missing arm, "for her," I waved to a picture of Penny and Ruby, "for Pyrrah, and most importantly..."

I gazed at Summer in the photo. "For all those caught in the crossfire without knowing it."

Ruby let out a low sigh, but I ruffled up her hair.

"An AI told me some very useful advise, long ago."

She gazed at me. "What was it?"

"'Don't make a girl a promise if you know you can't keep it.'"

They gazed at me expectantly.

"I promise I won't die. Besides, you don't get called 'ONI's personal Grim Reaper' for nothing."

Yang and Ruby tried suppressing giggles. I rolled my eyes.

"I know. Grimm Reaper."

They burst into laughter and I pulled Tai aside.

"What's wrong?"

"Now that they know who I am, I see no reason to wear this while in your home."

"Wait, are you saying you need clothes?"

I chuckled a little. "Yeah. I've always thought they'd drag me down."

Tai shook his head, smiling. "I'll get you some."

He left and I picked up my helmet, gazing at Summer's chip for a long time before tucking it under my shoulder. Tai came back with a set of clothes and I slipped into a bathroom and changed out of my armor. With only a pair of brown trousers on, I gazed at myself in the mirror and took note of the many scars I had, along side how sculpted I was.

I'd be the perfect model, if I really wanted to do that.

Chuckling, I ran a comb through my hair before pulling the sage tank-top over my head. After tucking my armor into a duffle bag Tai gave me, I walked out and saw Ruby sitting on the couch, Zwei in her lap, Yang surfing any channels she could and Tai was in the kitchen making dinner.

Zwei sniffed the air, got up suddenly, then turned around and saw me. Barking crazily, he ran at me and Ruby took it the wrong way.

"Zwei! He's not an intru- huh?"

Zwei was trying to jump into my arms, but was getting only half way. I laughed, knelt down and picked him up, scratching his stomach.

"It's been a long time, Zwei."

Yang and Ruby gave me surprised looks as Tai took a peek out of the kitchen, raised an eyebrow, then heard water start to boil over. He rushed to fix that and Ruby got up.

"How do you already know Zwei?"

I smiled at her, but didn't stop petting Zwei. "Simple. Summer and I got him as kids and he's been in our lives ever since. You've been feeding him well if he's lived this long; corgis like Zwei usually live 40 or so years."

Ruby gave her "i'm not innocent, but trying to be" smile as she rubbed her head. "Uhh.... Cereal! Lots of cereal!" She quickly glanced at Yang, who was just as embarrassed.

I narrowed my eyes, as did Zwei.

Ruby broke. "We've been feeding him cookies with strawberries in them!"

I chuckled. "It's got to be more then that."

Tai called out from the kitchen. "We also feed him special dog food, made with one hundred percent real sources! No artificial flavorings!"

"That'd explain it then. Wait, where the hell did Zwei go?"

He somehow vanished from my hands. Looking around, Zwei was no where to be found, but I heard something shuffle around in the duffle bag slung over my shoulder. Zwei hopped out, my helmet on his head. I blinked at him.

"How-?"

Yang also gazed at Zwei in confusion as Ruby shrugged.

"The power of cute?"

Zwei stood up on his hind legs, looked at me, then did one thing I could never forget. He saluted me, then walked into the kitchen. Everyone in the room simply stared and shared a sentence.

Yang: "What"

Ruby: "Just"

Me: "Happened?"