The Bird's Aid

Blade's PoV:

I walked through the town, looking for Qrow. Naturally, I found him drinking in an inn. Keeping quiet, I tapped his shoulder, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Whoever you are, scram. I don't want trouble."

"It's Six."

That sobered him up real fast. "Six? The hell do you want?"

I looked around. "Here's not the place to talk about it. Let's move upstairs. Top shelf, on me."

Qrow grinned. "Now we're talkin'."

The two of us made our way upstairs and found a secluded spot. I ordered the drinks as promised and Qrow was the first to pop the bubble.

"So what's so important you'd want to be outta earshot?"

"I want to know what happened to my sister. And from what I've been led to believe, you're the one who truly knows what happened that day."

Qrow narrowed his eyes. "What sister? What day?"

I listed the day Summer supposedly died. Qrow's eyes widened.

"No, it can't be... ONI said her brother died in Operation: Torpedo!"

"I was pulled out before the mission was executed. Now tell me, what happened?"

The waitress came back with the drinks and the two of us took a sip. Qrow let out a sigh once the waitress was gone.

"How 'bout I show ya the location?"

"Fine by me. But first things first, were you able to retrieve her body?"

"No."

I smiled. "Then there's a chance she's not dead. Unless you see a body and confirm they're dead, they can and should be listed as MIA."

Qrow leaned over the table to glare at me. "Look, bud. We're Huntsmen. Not an army. Someone's either alive or dead. That's reality."

"Yes, that's true, but we may be able to give her a proper burial if she indeed was dead, or medical treatment if she's alive. Either way, the kid needs closure, both of them."

That got Qrow to gaze at his half-empty glass, sigh, and let go. "It's best we start from the end and work back."

I smiled and grabbed my helmet. "Right. Let's go."

Qrow gave me a long look. "But first, we're going to make you a weapon worthy of both a Huntsman and Spartan."

I raised an eyebrow. "And why's that?"

"Versatility. You were taught that in Basic, weren't you?"

I smiled. "I've already got a design in mind."

Qrow reflected my smile. "Then lets head to Tai's. He's got what we need to make you a weapon."

And with that, we left the inn.

-----------------------------------
Timeskip provided by RWBY Chibi!: Six and Qrow are strutting down the street, being cool.
-----------------------------------

Qrow didn't bother knocking and instead practically slammed it open. Tai was sitting on his couch, watching as Grimm started to pour into the city, but RWBY with the help of JNPR, CFVY, Sun and Neptune, Glynda and several dozen Atlas soldiers pushed them back. Tai (who was oblivious to our presence) laughed a little as he watched as Ruby took out a Beowolf without her scythe.

"She's improving in hand-to-hand. Could still work on it, though."

"I know. I've been giving her lessons when she had time."

Tai spun around to look at us. "Qrow! The hell! Why didn't you say something? And who is this that's with you?"

In response, I took off my helmet and held it under my arm. "My Spartan designation is Spartan B-312, but I am more commonly known as Noble Six."

Tai gave me a skeptical look. "Should I know you?"

"Not with the titles I just gave, but with another."

Qrow smirked. "Wait for it..."

"You may have heard me be called Blade Rose."

Tai's face widened with shock. His eyes snapped to something on the wall and I turned to see an item whose frame was covered in dust. Careful, I brushed it off to see a folded UNSC flag and Noble's emblem in patch form resting on top.

"I was presumed dead on Reach. I should be dead if I didn't somehow get teleported back here, to Remnant."

Tai sighed. "What do you want?"

Qrow stepped in. "We're making him a weapon fit for a Huntsman and he claims to already have a design in his head."

"And you knew I had materials, so you came straight here."

"Bingo."

Tai sighed. "You are still as brash as ever, Qrow."

Tai finished his tea, then rose to full height, almost my height without armor. He waved me to follow him into another room and I saw that paper was littered all over the place, as was some wood shavings.

"Pencils over there, erasers there, paper there, wood there. Feel free to prototype as much as you want/need."

"Thanks. May need help with this whole 'transforming' thing. I would ask Auntie Dot, my AI, but..." My eyes drifted down to the shattered data chip.

Tai noticed. "Oh. Rampancy?"

"Yeah. You know a lot more then you let on, Tai."

He shrugged. "I just read whatever books Summer had managed to get her hands on about the UNSC. She was devastated when she heard you had died in TORPEDO."

I smiled as Tai sat down to help me. "Looks like we've got something in common, then."

---------------------------
Several hours later...
---------------------------

I hefted my new weapon. It was a mix between a Brute Shot (that's what it looks like right now), a macro-gun (A/N: That's the real name for 'miniguns'.), an axe and spear. Tai gazed at it with a mixture of fear and awe. I understood: a Spartan with a Brute Shot is one intimidating force.

"Let's show Qrow."

"If he's still sober."

Tai laughed. "Yeah, and if he isn't in a skirt."

What?

Tai realized what he just said. "Oh, I was referencing when Summer, Raven and I managed to trick him into wearing a skirt. We called it a-. N-nevermind. You get the picture."

I smiled. "I don't know why, but I can absolutely see Qrow doing that. Imagine the look on the girls' faces when they see that!"

Tai burst into uncontrollable laughter. Once he had regained control, we left the workshop and found Qrow standing outside with his eyes closed, enjoying the breeze. The soft thud of the door closing made Qrow crack an eye.

"You're done."

"Affirmative."

"Well, let's s- holy crap."

I grabbed my weapon from behind my back and swung it around, finger hovering over the trigger and hand tightly gripping the front bar.

"What does it transform into?"

"Brute Shot, macro-gun, axe, spear."

"Okay then, RIP any Grimm we come across."

The three of us laughed, then Qrow and I headed off for Summer's "grave".

I will make the next chapter EXTREMELY long, so be warned!

Anyways, you're welcome, itachithesavage175 for using your idea.