Distrust

Where the hell is Raven?

We were standing outside, waiting for Raven to prove how magic is real. We watched as a raven flew through the trees and Raven landed before us, seemingly from nowhere.

Yang and Weiss were frozen in shock as the Spartan and I reached for sidearms. Raven narrowed her eyes at us, then looked at Yang.

"Next time we meet, it won't be on the same side."

Yang watched as her mother used her Semblance to open a portal to Qrow, then she left and came back with her bike. Weiss got on and the Spartan next to me stared at Raven.

"I think I speak for everyone when I say that this hasn't been the warmest of welcomes."

I nodded in agreement, then walked through the portal with her as Yang drove in after saying something to her mother. Turning my attention forwards, I saw Qrow slowly turn around.

"Ra-?" He saw the four of us. "Oh."

I smiled and clipped my DMR to my back. "Nice to see you're still kicking, Qrow."

He smirked. "You too, Six. Y'know, I thought you would have arrived in Mistral before us, but I couldn't find you. What happened?"

I sighed. "Got jumped by Raven and her tribe. Her second in command managed to fry my shield generator and knock me out with her Semblance. Can still feel it." I rubbed my back a little.

The Spartan next to me was standing perfectly still, green visor fixated on me. I looked at her.

"What?"

"Wh-. What's your operating number?"

"B-312."

She took a step back, emitting a shocked aura.

I took a gamble at who I was dealing with. "Is your numb-"

She cut me off. "Karmic-."

Wait a sec... "-Retribution."

She suddenly started laughing. "IT'S REALLY YOU!"

Yang, Qrow, and Weiss watched this, confused. I simply took off my helmet and smiled. "Yep, it's me, Frisk."

She took off her helmet and looked at me with a huge smile. Her brown hair went about collar length and her green eyes were full of joy. "We all thought you died on Reach, Yap-Yap."

I groaned. "Don't start with that."

The girls giggled as Frisk simply smiled. "Already did."

"I hate you."

"Aww! I love you, too!"

Knowing this would continue if I didn't do something soon, I drew Kat's Magnum and ejected a casing. Frisk understood the threat and shut up. Her smile didn't vanish, though.

Qrow snapped out of his trance, took a swig from his flask and gazed at us. "C'mon, let's head back to the others."

I nodded, slipped my helmet back on and heard Summer laughing her head off. She quickly shut up when she realized I had my helmet back on and I tapped Frisk's shoulder, causing her to look at me. I flashed her several numbers and she joined my radio channel.

"What's up?"

"Frisk, meet my AI Season. Season, meet Frisk." Play along Summer.

Summer: Uh, okay.

Frisk was none the wiser. "Nice to meet you, Season! I didn't know Yap-Yap was given his own AI."

Summer giggled and I sighed. "Frisk. I will start calling you -."

"No! Don't!"

I smiled. "There we go."

The two of us stood off to the side and watched as Qrow rounded up the kids. There was a new one in the mix and he seemed like a farmer boy.

"Qrow. What's up with the extra?"

Qrow smirked and looked at the kid. "Oscar? Care to show them your little parlor trick?"

Summer: I've got a weird feeling about this...

Tell me about it.

The kid took a deep breath, closed his eyes and waited. A green glow emanated from him for a brief moment before he opened his eyes again. They were still hazel, but now they were glowing.

"Hello, Six."

Kat's Magnum was immediately in my hands as Frisk snapped her battle rifle up. Oscar had suddenly taken on Ozpin's voice and I did NOT trust him anymore. (Then again, did I ever?)

"There is no need for panic, Spartans. Let me start from the b-."

"Raven said you were cursed by the gods for failing to stop Salem in the past. At first, I didn't believe her, but now I see what she was getting at. But I still don't trust her, nor do I trust anyone anymore. So you better start talking."

Ozpin sighed. "Very well. I shall start where it all started..."

He went on about how he was the one who made the Maidens and Yang slowly got angrier. Eventually, she lashed out.

"Go on. Tell us about what you did to Raven. To Qrow."

Qrow face-palmed. "Oh, brother."

Ozpin seemed mildly surprised. "I did not think that would be a secret Raven'd so easily give up. You see, I needed agents to find the Maidens when their hosts became unclear..."

I became bored and walked away, wanting to see Haven Academy for myself. As I walked, the air got thicker and thicker with dread, so I quietly picked up the pace.

Summer: Want your cloak?

Yes.

My body vanished as Active Camo turned on and I snuck through the halls. I heard noise coming from Lionheart's office, so I entered only to see a man standing before a cowering Lionheart.

The man smiled. "You know, the Queen is very grateful for your continued allegiance, Leo. Qrow and his band of misfits will be none the wiser when you invite them here for the... event."

Leo sighed and put his head in his hands. "Dawn of the new moon, correct?"

"Why yes, that is correct. The night the White Fang attacks, you will open the Vault and give us the relic. Now, I must attend to matters back at the homefront. Take care now, Leo. It would be... unfortunate if something happened to you."

Leo gulped and no one noticed when I planted a tracker on the mystery man. I won't let another criminal get away.

He left and I waited around to see what Leo would do. He just began to sob and I left, my cloak ending right outside. Worried, I picked up the pace and found my way back to Frisk.

"Frisk. We've got to talk."