Chapter 4

-janet-

I've been calling and calling veronica and she won't pick up her damn phone. I called her again.....voice mail....."damn it!" I yelled in frustration and slammed the phone down on the receiver. What if she already got an abortion? Wait she didn't even say how she's not keeping it. Is she gonna give it away? Put it.....up for adoption.... I don't know.

A lightbulb lit up literally on top of my head. I got up and grabbed my keys, jacket, and my purse and drove to veronica's. About 5 minutes later I arrived at her apartment door. I raised my hand to knock but put it back down. "What if she's not here?" "What if she won't answer?" All these questions flowed in my mind. I decided to ignore the thought and knocked on the door. I heard shuffling behind the door and the lock unlock she opened the door and looked at me. There was a silence as I look up and down her body she has a baby bump....hmmmm it has been a couple of months she has to be at least 3 months.

-veronica-

I open my door and see Janet standing there "God what is she doing there?" I thought to myself. Why isn't she saying anything? God this is awkward. And now she's scanning me?! I saw her look at my stomach.....yeah Yeah I kept the baby I bet she's realllllllll impressed. I'm tired of this awkward silence so I decide to say something

"Janet...."

God I hope she says something

"Hi. How are you?"

"I'm good. You?"

"Ok I guess. Can I come in?"

I opened the door wider to let her in.

"Do you want water or anything?"

"No I'm fine thank you"

We both sat down on the couch.

"Look I'm happy you decided to keep the baby-"

"I'm not keeping him"

"The baby is a him?"

I nodded my head "I just decided to go through the whole pregnancy thing and labor and then give him to a family who can take care of him"

I heard Janet sigh "when you give birth to that baby and hold him for the first time you won't want to give him away. Just think about it when he is a teenager he'll wonder why his mother left him and gave him away"

"Jan I can't take care of a child ok? I can barely pay rent for the month. I'm going down hill J I just want what's best for him."

"When's the last time you slept?"

"I don't know last week.....probably"

-janet-

Veronica is so stressed she can't even sleep at night. I look down at the coffee table and see a pile of bills and eviction notice. I grab the pile and start looking at them.

"You haven't paid these yet?"

"No I can't I don't have enough money to. My boss won't give me a raise. I keep on telling him my problems he just won't do any damn thing"

"How about I help you pay this off"

"No Janet you don't have to do that really you dont"

"Your stressed and you haven't slept in a week that's bad for the baby. I want to help you"

-veronica-

I know that I can't change her mind.

"Alright.....fine."

"Ok. How much is rent?"

"$540"

"Ok. I can just Wright out a check for the whole year"

"No Jan I can't do that to you"

She doesn't say anything and gets out her check book and Wrights a check and hands it to me......$180,000 Jesus I haven't seen this much money in well forever.

"Thank you" I said while hugging her

"Your welcome."

"You really didn't have to do this"

"I wanted to your my friend......girlfriend.....i don't know what we are but i just wanted to help"

"Girlfriend.... hmm I like that"

"Really?"

"Wait am I hearing this correctly? Is little penny turning gay for me?"

She giggled "I guess so" we kissed