Chapter 10

I got me and Janet 2 large friesI9 for
a snack/supper. I know it's unhealthy but McDonald's French fries are the best.

-janet-

I was waiting for veronica to come back with ma fries when I heard the door bell

"Hello?"

"Is veronica there?"

"I'm sorry. Who are you?"

"Oh I'm sorry. So rude of me. I'm James Rico veronica's old friend"

"Oh. I'm janet"

"I know who you are"

-veronica-

I pulled up to our house and I see a body figure that looks very familiar

"What the hell?!" I asked to myself

I got out of the car and and grabbed the McDonald's bag.

"James what the hell?!"

He turned around and looked at me and smiled.

"Hello veronica"

I scoffed "don't hello me. What the hell are you doing here?"

"I came to see you"

"What?"

"Can we go inside?"

"Sure" we walked inside "Uh Jan can give us some alone time?"

"Yeah sure"

"What do you want?"

"It's athena"

"What about her?"

"I can't take care of her anymore. Family services came to my house and said it wasn't safe for her to live with me. So I'm asking you if you could take her in?"

I sighed "I don't know James really. This is something me and Janet need to discuss. She doesn't even know that I have a child."

"I have 3 days or she goes to an orphanage. I really don't won't her to go in an orphanage."

"I'll talk to Janet about it. I'll let you know by tomorrow evening maybe."

"Ok. I'll right down my number" he wrote down his number and gave me a piece of paper.

"Thanks"

"Thanks for not freaking out on me"

"Ha no problem"

He walked out the door and left.

-That night-

"Hey jan Can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course"

"That man that was here is James Rico. I was married to him a while back in Rio. We had a child her names Athena she is 7 right now and he came here to ask if we could take her in and take care of her. I said I wanted to talk to you before I give him an answer. So what do you think?"

She sighed "I would love to take of her"

"Really? Your not mad at me for not telling you about her?"

"Of course not. I'm not mad. I've always wanted a little girl running around the house. And yes it's not mine but I'll treat her like she's mine"

I smiled and turned around so I can see her "thank you" I kissed her

"Of course"