Chapter 7

The next couple of weeks were the most stressful. With Michael's death on court everyone is just stressed. I try to make it to every court case I can with Janet but with my new job it's hard to convince my boss to let me go sometimes.

"Janet I'm sorry I can't go I really wish I could come but I just...i cant. My boss-"

"Yeah I know your boss is keeping you from coming. Look I get it really I do..." she said sadly

"Look jan-" she cut me off by hanging up the phone. I slammed the phone down and grunted angrily.

"Hey you ok?" My partner asked

"Peachy" I said sarcastically.

"Seriously what's wrong?" He asked

"I don't wanna talk about it"

"Look veronica"

"I don't want to talk about it!"

Once I was done with work I got home and threw my jacket onto the couch. And set my purse and keys on the table. I sighed and walked to the cabinet and got a bottle of wine and a wine glass I poured the wine in the glass and grabbed the bottle and sat down in front of our fire place that was on.

"When did you get home?" Janet asked

"A couple of minutes ago"

"Oh. Why are you drinking?"

"I had a stressful day I need something to load of that stress"

"No you don't. Not alcohol!" She said grabbing my glass. I got up quickly and grabbed her wrist and slapped her.

"Janet im... I didn't mean to....please" I started to cry a little.

"Get the hell out of my house!" She yelled while holding her cheek. I got my jacket, purse, and keys and walked out the house and sat in my car crying. "So stupid!" I yelled and hit the wheel with my hand. "Get yourself together girl. Quintinallas don't cry." I could hear my mother's voice telling me to get it together. I dried the rest of my tears away with my fingers and finally got it together. I drove to my house that I was staying at before I moved in with Janet. I walked in the house and put everything down and got some beer. I decided to call Freddy to see if he was in America.

"Hello?"

"Hey Fred it's me"

"Oh veronica! How is everything?!"

"Not so good. Are you in america?"

"Yeah I'm actually in LA right now. What's wrong?"

"I'll tell you later. I need something to take it off my mind. You wanna go out?"

"Sure I'll be there in 10 to pick you up"

"Thanks"

"No problem darling"

I hung up the phone and started to get ready.

"Damn girl almost put me straight" Freddy said

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Damn girl almost put me straight" Freddy said. I giggled at his comment.

"Thanks"

"Whoaaa how many beers have you had?"

"Like 4 maybe..."

When we collideजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें