Chapter 16

After that day we were officially married. My phone started to buzz and I looked at who is calling me DR. Frank? He hardly ever calls me. I picked up the phone and answered it.

"DR. Frank?"

"Hello Veronica. I would like to see you at my office. I need to talk to you about something and I would rather talk face to face then on the phone. Could you come?"

"Uh yeah I can I'm not busy right now"

I drove to the doctors office. I knocked on his door

"Come in!"

I walked in "ah miss delerosa. How are you?"

"I'm well thank you" I said as I sat down on the chair.

"I want to ask you something" He said

"Go right ahead"

"How well have you been taking care of your health?"

"Perfectly fine sir. I don't get why your asking me this though?"

"Have you smoked lately? Drank?" He asked

"Yes"

"You do know that you have a high chance of getting HIV"

I looked down at my feet "yeah I know" I said sadly.

"I think we should take a test for one. Just in case"

I shook my head no

"Look I know it's hard to just think about having HIV but it's better to take one now then later"

I sighed. And thought for a little. "Let's get this done and over with" I said as I rolled up my sleeve.

It only took a couple of seconds to do the blood taking.

"I'll call you once we get the results"

"Thank you"

"Of course" he said then he walked out

Once I was home I had a sad look on my face. I saw Janet sitting on the couch reading a book.

"Hey what's wrong?" Janet asked

I sighed "my doctor thinks I have HIV" I said as I took off my coat

"What?"

"I don't know what to do janet" I started pacing back and forth in front of her

"Don't panic now. You don't even know if you have it or not"

"I don't care if I don't know if I have it or not! My fucking past is creeping up on me!"

"First of all lower your voice. Also if you do have it I will be there every step of the way"

I sat down and grunted in frustration.

The next day I was looking out the window and drinking coffee. My phone kept on ringing. I didn't bother to answer it cause I knew who it was and I don't want to know.

-Janet-

I sat in my room reading a book once I got interrupted with my phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Finally someone picks up"

"Dr. Frank?"

"Veronica hasn't answered her phone at all today"

"She's downstairs. And she always has her phone on her"

"She must know it's me. She just doesn't want to hear the news"

"It's about the test isn't it?"

"Yeah it is. I would ask her to come and get it but she won't answer her phone"

"I'll get"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure. When I tell her to go pick up the test results she would say she will but I know she wont"