EIGHT

»»————- ∘ ————-««

»»————- ∘ ————-««

THE SCHOOL DAY has past already and it was after school hours. Naviana, Kiri and Ranae were walking Violet to detention.

"I can't believe you and Toni got detention, you guys weren't even part of the fighting. It was all the guys." Naviana mentioned while walking beside Kiri.

"She did throw a pencil at Reggie which I might say excellent aim Violet." Ranae then high fives Violet who beamed and stuck out her tongue a bit, being proud of herself. "But Wheatherbee probably didn't even see that. He just saw the guys fighting and you guys were just in the same room. And for that y'all should be punished? That's dumb." Kiri huffed out feeling this wasn't fair.

The girls arrived in front of the room where detention was being held in. "It's just one week, I'll survive. It's also not going to take that long so it won't mess up our rehearsals." Violet took a sneak peek inside the classroom. She saw some football players already seated near the front of the classroom. She spotted in the back Toni, Sweetpea and Fangs.

"Oh hey detention buddy." Reggie told Violet when he walked past the girls, entering the classroom. "Okay on second thought I won't survive." Violet turned rapidly on her heels ready to run when a voice stopped her in her tracks.

"Miss Del Castillo glad you're joining us. Please come and sit down." The teacher who was supervising detention called to her.

Violet sighs and starts backing up to the classroom with her arms extended to her friends. "Help me."

Naviana gave her two thumbs up. Rane told her good luck while Kiri has her phone out snapchatting her.

Once fully inside the classroom, Violet sighs and turns around to face the teacher. "Please take a seat Miss Del Castillo." The teacher extends his hand in front of him towards the seats. Violet shows a fake smile towards him and goes to pick her seat.

She takes the seat in front of Fangs, which was also on the right of Toni's seat.

The teacher then proceeds to explain the rules of detention and how there was no cell phone use. They would have to be productive and have inside voices.

Violet took out her notebook to start doodling. She starts looking for a writing utensil but couldn't find one.

"Missing this?" Violet looks up from her things to see Reggie sitting in the seat in front of her. He had turned around to face her. She saw he had a smirk on his face and was holding a pencil. Not just any pencil but her pencil, specifically the one she threw at him earlier.

"Can I borrow your pencil?" Violet gave her most innocent look towards him hoping her question made him think that's isn't her pencil. "You mean if you can have your pencil back?" Reggie said now examining the pencil with a close look now.

Violet scoffs, "Who said that's my pencil? It's not. I thought it was yours?" Reggie squints his eyes at her. "I know what you're trying to do. But I know this is your pencil that hit me earlier. I also know for a fact it was you who hit me with it."

She was caught but thought he couldn't for sure know it was her and point the blame on her. So she decided to keep lying to him. "That pencil could be anyone's." She then gasped, "Oh my god you got hit with a pencil on your head? Poor Reggie are you okay?" Acting like she was concerned but she wasn't.

"Ha!" Reggie pointed the pencil at her face. "I never said where the pencil hit me. So this is your pencil and you were the one to hit me. I knew it."

Violet knew she was definitely caught. She rolled her eyes and grabbed the pencil out of his hand. "Okay so it was me. Big whoop."

Reggie shook his head at her. "Oh you're going to pay for that." Violet looked annoyed at him. "For hitting you with a pencil?" She gave a dull look at him. Reggie gave her a yeah look but she shrugged it off.

The rest of detention Violet was doodling on her notebook and was trying to work on some homework. From time to time Reggie would turn around from his seat to face her and annoy her.

When detention was over Violet quickly got off her seat and put her hands together like she was going to pray. She then put them in the air and quickly left the room before Reggie can bother her.

»»————- ∘ ————-««

author's note | don't forget to vote, and comment ✨